• Quote from "Zeke"

Sadly, I was actually happy I got gas for 2.93 @ the Sunoco on 896 in PA this morning. I was expecting to pay well over $3 today.

if that was the one in new london they are out of gas (when i came home) think kemblesville still has some though

if that was the one in new london they are out of gas (when i came home) think kemblesville still has some though

Dave,
    Check out the Universal station in Cochranville. I got it for $2.81 today. :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• ill have to stop in there tomorrow. i remember when it first opened a couple months ago the lines were insane for their "grand opening" price

• I try not to get worked up about it but, there are resources in this coumtry that we don't harvest(shale in CO oil, in ANWAR, oil in the Gulf of Mexico) not to mention the refining problem(no new refineries in 30 years) while there is five of them in a 30 mile radius of wilington. Instead we rely on imports from places that don't care that I like to wheel.
    :soapbox: sorry,Chuck :flag:
    I just love watching the politicians hammer the oil companies while the oil companies make 8 cents per dollar and the state and federal government makes 60 cents per dollar.
    There I went again,
    Chuck

• didn't all the oil companies jsut post record profits for last year? I could be wrong, I read it on closed captioning at the gym?

what is price gouging exactly, anyway? inappropriately high pricing at a time when the public would otherwise fall for it?

sean
    aint no senators son

• Lets say the gas co's make 10% profit on every gallon they sell At $2 a gallon they are making 20 cents on every gallon they sell. If you move the price up to $3 a gallon they are making 30 cents on every gallon they sell. So of course they are making record profits. But still only making a 10% profit.

• I heard in the news where the CEO of Exxon got a $340,000 in severance. At least now we know why the price of Exxon gas has gone up.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "dave71057"

Didn't we just invade a country that leads the world in oil production? :soapbox:

Yes but that's the reason they're using for the prices to be so high. They're also using the, "...we anticipate a bad hurricane season which will interrupt production..." excuse.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• You have all seen the emails about not buying gas from exxon and mobil - same company, forcing them to lower prices to be competitive.
    Do you think that would really drive prices down?

• It might work, if everyone actually did it. But then again who does Wawa get it's gas from? I'm under the impression that there are really only like 3-4 major oil companies. So if you buy from wawa are you still supporting Exxon/Mobile?

Over all I think it's a great idea,.. if it'll work, I'm not sure.

• If you don't buy from Mobil/Exxon, you'll have to buy from someone else who, in order to keep up with increased demand will have to buy more oil...

Probably from Mobil/Exxon.

I've seen that email and it just won't work.

• The only way to stick it to them is to get EVERYONE to stop driving and take mass transit or ride a bike.

......and we all know that will never happen.

Who knows, this may be the best thing that ever happened to us. Maybe people WILL do that and the oil companies will lose their grip on the country. The air will get cleaner and peace will come over the Middle East.

Hey I can dream can't I?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• If the whole country picked one day a month to stay home, gas prices would tumble and it would bring all of the oil producing countries to their knees.

I would go for it, but I doubt it would ever happen.

• Quote from "Slimer"

I heard in the news where the CEO of Exxon got a $340,000 in severance. At least now we know why the price of Exxon gas has gone up.

I heard that too...but i thought they said his retirement was over 300 million...

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

• Quote from "DieselCj"

It might work, if everyone actually did it. But then again who does Wawa get it's gas from? I'm under the impression that there are really only like 3-4 major oil companies. So if you buy from wawa are you still supporting Exxon/Mobile?

Over all I think it's a great idea,.. if it'll work, I'm not sure.

wawa gas comes from a distribuiter named BRT they like all gas carriers buy the gas from which ever refinery they deal with.. refineries may be named sunoco or exon but make gas for whoever wants it... so your shell gas may be refined by exon or your BP gas might be refined by sunoco... i dont just think one company is the main culpret... but all of them and the orginization

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!