4TH of July Parade Dover

• hehe rain was being blown so hard I couldn't even see Josh's TJ 50 feet in front of me. wind was leaning me way over, glad I have swaybars!

and of course, there weren't any weather monitoring stations in the path of the storm that I know about. the closest one was the DEMA operations building a few miles north, but they recorded gusts of 56mph. it was much faster than that. ripped the flag off the rod, which was still zip-tied to my cb antenna when I got home.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Welp...my TJ sure is clean INSIDE now...sat and drank thru the storm while the Jeep (topless for the parade) got a thorough interior washing.

SWEEEEEEET!!!!

• Nichole, Mackenzie and I got a thorough cleaning along with the inside of my jeep today on the way home from a picnic. We at least had a safari top on but that doesn't help a whole lot when its raining sideways into the jeep. At least Mackenzie still had her bathing suit on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Nichole, Mackenzie and I got a thorough cleaning along with the inside of my jeep today on the way home from a picnic. We at least had a safari top on but that doesn't help a whole lot when its raining sideways into the jeep. At least Mackenzie still had her bathing suit on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good thing i came back from the beach early. got the edge of the storm in odessa and that was it.

• I think when we walked out of the Lobby house last night I had about 5 inches of rain in my Jeep. Thats a good bit considering that it rained for maybe 5-10 minutes... So the damage... Shorted headunit, and possibly a shorted gem module (the windshield wiper controls) :bsflag:

Oh yea, bubbles in the fountain ($3), 200 year old tree in historic downtown Dover getting hit by lightning (priceless)

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Edited once, last by TheMistaken ().

• It wasn't too bad by me. We got some thunder and rain but the breeze was real nice. It cooled everything down about 10º.

I was at another party in Hockessin at night and around dusk I could see some strong clouds moving east of us (Newark area) but they never came over.

It's funny how localized a storm can be.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I hit the storm on Rt. 1 about 10 minute north of Dover. The rain was coming down so hard I could barely see the lines on the road in front of the truck, with the wipers on high. 90% of the traffic was pulled off to the side of the road. It lasted about 15 minutes, and then the sun came out again. I don't think it rained at all at home (north Wilmington), and BlueJ was dry by the time I got home.

• fun time, thanks for organizing it!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!