no power

• Ok, I used 2 different batteries and I still have nothing.No headlights or anything.Could it be the ignition switch?

• cant imagine the ignition switch would be the problem
    as the lights are always hot and dont rely on a keyed switch
    to work

maybe one or more blown fuses
    or the two batteries u tried were both shot

u get one from another car
    maybe the wifes car?

• no I put in my spare its the same.It went from turnin over sweet to nothing.If the starter was locked up I would still have lights right?I tested it a little and I do have power to the solenoid and past the fused links but thats as far as the light tester will go.Nothing at the fuse box.

• yeah, definately check the ground, it's right next to the battery.

do any accessories work? interior lights, dash, etc? brake lights, anything? if nothing at all works, you'll be stuck looking at the wiring

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• definatley check the ground like tony said and also the hot wire....make sure Its all in once piece from the battery to the starter. Sound exactly like my problem. My cable that went to the fuse box was fine but the one that went to the starter was severed at the bottom and I could get the XJ to start but the Interior lights worked briefly...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• yea sounds like an open somewhere in the wiring.. check for voltage drop.. where it drops thats prolly the problem

• Don't skip the obvious..........Battery terminal fully connected to battery? Bad connection will cause same problem.

Bryan

• Well today I went out after work to look at it.I played with the key ON OFF ON OFF and the buzzer for the door came on.I try to start it and nothing.So I played with it some more and the buzzer came on and the fuel pump started and the dash lights.I tried to start it and nothing.Next time I tried it started up.I drove to the store and back and now its fine.But we all know if you dont fix anything its not realy fine.So if someone thinks of anything let me in on it.thanks guys :peace:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!