almost bought a Rubi yesterday

• Took my Charger in for an oil change and almost left with a 2012 2 door Rubicon. But I started getting a bad feeling that I was getting ripped off for my trade and the interest rate, so after 3 hours... I walked. I won't say where it was... but, not a Delaware dealer.

I've been wanting a 2012 JK for a while, and was debating what model I wanted, but decided to get Rubicon with nav radio and auto trans. Probably soft top, but not 100% certain. Gonna trade in my Charger...

Anybody seen the "Dozer" and "Crush" colors in person yet? I've only been to two dealers but haven't seen them.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Took my Charger in for an oil change and almost left with a 2012 2 door Rubicon. But I started getting a bad feeling that I was getting ripped off for my trade and the interest rate, so after 3 hours... I walked. I won't say where it was... but, not a Delaware dealer.
    I've been wanting a 2012 JK for a while, and was debating what model I wanted, but decided to get Rubicon with nav radio and auto trans. Probably soft top, but not 100% certain. Gonna trade in my Charger...
    Anybody seen the "Dozer" and "Crush" colors in person yet? I've only been to two dealers but haven't seen them.

And you have had the Charger how long? Lol

• I know what dealer you were in and they don't get a lot of inventory. That was probably the first 2012 that they received as I asked them about them when I was looking at trucks.

D'Ambrosio had several in the lot when I was there and because they are a volume dealer, you can push them pretty hard.

Good luck Jerry. I look forward to seeing it when you find one. :)

• I've had the Charger since Jan 25th 2010. lol I LOVE having a car I can just drop off to have something fixed under warranty and not deal with the hassle myself. I hate working on the XJ. Really. With a new Rubi having a powerful motor plus the normal Rubicon package of lockers, 4:1 low range, 4.10 (or 3.73) gears and 32" mud tires... it's ready for everything. Maybe I'll get an urge to add a budget boost on it, but suspension wise, it's perfect for what I want. I had the most fun with my XJ when it was on 31s.

I'm kinda leaning toward a tame color like the silver because I'm doing more private EMS gigs, some where I actually use my vehicle or have it in plain view of everybody there. Would like black, but it's a pain to keep clean and it shows scratches so much easier than any other color. But... we'll see.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• i saw the cosmo blue for the first time last night and love that color.

don't give in and get rid of the xj! your going to miss the wheelbase!

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• actually my brother wants my XJ... which means that I'll STILL be working on it. Actually, I don't think there is too much difference in wheelbase between a JK and XJ. I'll have to look it up late.

As for treadlightly... yup, known about that for a while. :D However, the employee discount (thanks, Dad!) will trump that. lol

Jerry / Whatevah

• JK is around 95", XJ is around 101", and JKU is around 116".

yeah thats right but the jk 4dr has the same approach departure angles as the 2dr but a longer mid section :down: . and the jk is only 6" longer then the xj. i think its crazy there is 20 inches deference between the 2 and 4dr and its all added to the belly. i want to know why the longer wheelbase solid axle jeep option is just a limo version of the wrangler?

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• i think its crazy there is 20 inches deference between the 2 and 4dr and its all added to the belly. i want to know why the longer wheelbase solid axle jeep option is just a limo version of the wrangler?

Ummmm. It's added to the belly area because that is where the second set of seats is. ::) If you are stretching a wheel base, won't it all get added to the belly? :shrug:

Personally I like the wheel base as it sits. :)

• Ummmm. It's added to the belly area because that is where the second set of seats is. ::) If you are stretching a wheel base, won't it all get added to the belly? :shrug:

Personally I like the wheel base as it sits. :)

not necessarily take the scrambler or unlimited for instance.

• I think you are confusing wheel base with body length.

i am def not confused since i was talking about approach, departure and break over angles. body length and wheel base directly effect whether you get hung up on something. limos stretch the middle so the front and back look like the standard size vehicle. where if you elongate the body but only stretch the wheelbase half that distance you will have a much more capable vehicle. i just drew it out on autocad with the lowest point being 3" higher then the centerline of the tires and a 30" dia tire. the 3 vehicles compare as follows (wish i could post the drawing but i'm limited at work) for break over angles jk 2dr 21deg jk4dr 17 deg and the xj is at 20 deg.

so where the xj and the 2dr drive over obstacle the 4dr turns into a seesaw

for all three to have a comparable angle of 21 for break over angles it would have to have 37" tires while the xj would need 32 and 2dr jk would only need 30".

the jk 2dr and the jk 4dr still have the same approach angles give or take a degree. i can't calculate the approach and departure angles because i don't know if the wheelbase is centered on the body or not. i know the xj is not. but if they were all centered on the bodys... the 2dr is 36deg the 4dr is 35 deg and the xj is 30deg.

my point is i would still rather drive an XJ :beer: (if i had to buy a new one id buy a kk or kj and swap and axle in the front :bang: ) sorry for the high jack jerry.

• rstiles....I'll save you the trouble of trying to figure it out. I can't get into it right now but your numbers are a little off. :doh:

http://www.rockcrawler.com/rev…2007/dimensions/index.asp
    http://scott_cj8.tripod.com/scrmbpg.html
    http://jeephorizons.com/tech/xjstockspecs.html
    http://www.jeephorizons.com/tech/2007_unlimited_spec.html

You should come out and wheel with us at RC sometime. I'd love to give you a tour. :up:

• oh and the scrambler and unlimited had a 103" WB

• yeah i know! read my post

lowest point of the body is 3" above wheel center line and 30" tires. i used that for all 3 wheelbases and body length so it would be a fair compare. when you start changing body heights and wheel sizes all those numbers are going to be different. the unlimited has almost exactly the same break over and almost exactly the same wheel base as the xj. both are less then the TJ, KJ and JK 2dr and more then the JK 4dr. the patriot has a better break over then the JK 4dr. out off all the jeeps available the jk 4dr is the worst break over!

sorry if you feel you have to prove me wrong. i hear what your saying but what you posted verifies my half assed numbers.

Edited once, last by rstiles ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!