Outrageous Quadratec shipping cost

• Score one for Quadratec Customer Support. Thank you, for taking the time to post.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• holy crap, there really is a Mr. Quadratec ! :wavey: glad to see that you guys are on top of things.

Yes Bobby, There is a Quadratec...
    [size=1em]He exists as certainly as gears and lockers and winches exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest capability and traction. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Quadratec. It would be as dreary as if there were no Jeeps. There would be no glossy catalogs then, no replacment softops, no hot Qudratec Models to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in 4 wheel drive and wheeling. The PIAA lights with which fills the trails would be extinguished. [/size]
    [size=1em]Not believe in Quadratec! You might as well not believe in Rauch Creek! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the mailboxes for Christmas Edition Catalog to catch Quadratec, but even if they did not see Quadratec, what would that prove? Nobody sees Quadratec, but that is no sign that there is no Quadratec. The most real things in the world are those that neither wheelers nor Jeep Chicks can see. Did you ever see Quadratec models dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart an old Scout II and see what makes the Dana 44s Turn, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not even Aaron Stapen, nor even the united strength of all of Deja could tear apart. Only Grease, wrenching, air tools, tires, liftkits, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the super off road beauty and Jeep toys beyond. Is it all real? Ah, BOBBY, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Quadratec! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Bobby, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of wheelers young and old.
    [/size]

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• ive spent a good bit of money with Q-tec and still feel they are a top notch company. Their shipping seems to only be fouled up on little things like grab handles, floor mats, light bulbs, ect. Ive always called, placed orders over the phone, and have never been thrown off by the shipping costs. most things are here in 1 day also which saves money compared to others. its the joys of having to "estimate" shipping for a nationwide company.

6 jeeps later, i still order almost everything from them...or amazon.com if its something small that i don't want to pay 11 dollars for shipping on.

call them, call them out on their shipping, and im sure they will evaluate your situation.

I agree. I wait to buy small parts and lump them all in one order. I just had delivered a new steering stabilizer yesterday and I do not think it was over priced for shipping.

I have always said that if the shipping cost were to be to much I would just drive up and pick the part(s) up but I have not had to do this yet.

So far I am happy with my dealings with Quadratec

• I have always said that if the shipping cost were to be to much I would just drive up and pick the part(s) up but I have not had to do this yet.

Sounds good when you live up north, but for the folks that live closer to the beach it's a 200+ mile trip.

Aside from that, I've had pretty good luck with shipping prices. Normally the DeJA affiliation has netted a deep discount or complete elimination of shipping. :up:

• :laughabove: + :up: :up: = Awesome! :driving:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• not too sure what that was all about, but the name is BOB

• ok now that's funny, never saw that one before. :shrug: Bobby is definitely called for here. :up:

Don't follow me, you won't make it....

Edited once, last by hookedonthebay ().

• Sounds good when you live up north, but for the folks that live closer to the beach it's a 200+ mile trip.

Aside from that, I've had pretty good luck with shipping prices. Normally the DeJA affiliation has netted a deep discount or complete elimination of shipping. :up:

Very true. I guess I would have to look at what I am shipping and how much it would cost in gas to drive up. I would be inclined to drive up if the gas would be cheaper but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

• I wouldn't do it on a regular basis but if any one placed a large (heavy) order, i'd be able to pick up and drop off with reasonable notice. I' m on the road everyday and cover chester county and the entire state of delaware......

• Just to toss in another perspective, for my business I have to have items shipped to me from Vegas through UPS or FedEx and they screw us hard (and not in a good way) with their shipping/fuel surcharges. I do not direct ship to my customers because then I would have to charge a minimum of $15 no matter how small their order is.
    So I place a large order and have it shipped to me then I sort and take it to the post office and can charge half that. It saves everyone in the long run, but Shipping companies have quite the monopoly.

• I didn't realize members get a 10% discount so that should help with the shipping costs. I read a lot of interesting posts and gained a good perspective about Quadratec. I will continue to check other sights and if pricing is significantly less I will call Quadratec to discuss. Thanks for the insight and I again apologize for my thoughtless post. Too many brews when I posted.

• he's talking about the jeepforum discount. free shipping (normal ground, overweight charges and freight are extra), no discount on retail prices if you're a member of jeepforum or jk-forum (and some others)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Two weeks ago, I drove up to West Chester make a purchase. It was a Friday afternoon, and wanted a weekend project. I made it there at 4:40 (20 minutes before they close) only to find out they did not have what I wanted in that particular warehouse. Disappointed yes, but they offered to ship it to me for free, and I didn't pay sales tax. It arrived the following Tuesday. The shipping for my $125.00 order would have been $22. So I figured I'd rather pay 8 in sales tax, but ended up not paying either. Some food for thought, maybe.

• I bought everything for my lift (sway bar, steering stabilizer) except the lift kit itself (was on a 3-week backorder). They wanted like $50 shipping to Hockessin, so I went and picked it up. Prices were comparable if not less than others I found on 4wd and others. 0 problems with them, and I'm looking to buy wheel spacers and the trackbar I should have gotten the first time around with some of my next paycheck. I'm of the mindset to support local business after working at the Hockessin True Value for nearly 5 years, so if prices are a little bit higher, I don't mind. I just wish they had pickup on saturdays so I didn't have to take a day off!

Oh, and the drive up is nice! Lots of back roads.

• Two weeks ago, I drove up to West Chester make a purchase. It was a Friday afternoon, and wanted a weekend project. I made it there at 4:40 (20 minutes before they close) only to find out they did not have what I wanted in that particular warehouse. Disappointed yes, but they offered to ship it to me for free, and I didn't pay sales tax. It arrived the following Tuesday. The shipping for my $125.00 order would have been $22. So I figured I'd rather pay 8 in sales tax, but ended up not paying either. Some food for thought, maybe.

This is not un-normal

The have done this for me multiple times.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!