Outrageous Quadratec shipping cost

• Ok, I ordered some stuff for my newly acquired 03 Rubicon. Floor liners, shift knob and some small items. Shipping was $47.00 which I think is a ripoff. They are located in nearby Pa. I recently ordered a hitch which was shipped free from the midwest and weighed more than these items. If it is not too late I am thinking about cancelling the order. There are other suppliers which I am sure do not screw you on shipping and I will be checking on their costs. This just seems unreasonable to me.

• a lot of the time the deja discount for members pretty much cancels out the shipping cost.

Agreed also. Picking up the parts from Q-tec is an option, but then you'll pay the PA sales tax, of course. Their pricing model for shipping is based on sale value, not weight. Logical? No. Fair? No. Simple for them? Yes.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Agreed also. Picking up the parts from Q-tec is an option, but then you'll pay the PA sales tax, of course. Their pricing model for shipping is based on sale value, not weight. Logical? No. Fair? No. Simple for them? Yes.

I love Quad but I do agree, shipping costs should be kept a low as possible. I use Amazon Prime and it makes it extra hard to justify these kinds of fees.

If Quadratec wants to save some money and reduce their shipping costs... How about scanning their database for duplicates before shipping out the next catalog. I really don't need one in each bathroom...

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• a lot of the time the deja discount for members pretty much cancels out the shipping cost.

And since their prices are terribly high to begin with, you end up still getting screwed. What these guys have is selection, one stop shopping. Although if you take the time to look, almost everything they sell can be had elsewhere at lower costs...

Edit: The one good way to deal with them is to call them directly and work deals based on what you have found for pricing elsewhere. There is some discretion on pricing...

• And since their prices are terribly high to begin with, you end up still getting screwed. What these guys have is selection, one stop shopping. Although if you take the time to look, almost everything they sell can be had elsewhere at lower costs...

Edit: The one good way to deal with them is to call them directly and work deals based on what you have found for pricing elsewhere. There is some discretion on pricing...

I have found them to be cheaper on almost everything i've bought for my TJ. Lights, Bumpers(front and back), seat covers and the list goes on. Hell they had to back order both bumpers and charged me zero for shipping, they sent both bumpers to my address at NO Charge... no complaints here....

• I have found them to be cheaper on almost everything i've bought for my TJ. Lights, Bumpers(front and back), seat covers and the list goes on. Hell they had to back order both bumpers and charged me zero for shipping, they sent both bumpers to my address at NO Charge... no complaints here....

Not to be a smart ass but you need to shop around more...

• not to be a smart ass but I have shopped around alot and have been more than happy with Q tecs pricing and return policy, i had olympic bumpers delivered to me that seemed to be super cheap in quality, they took the stuff back no questions asked. If you find it cheaper and don't ask for the price match guarantee, that's your loss. :shrug:

• I ordered a full set of mats for my BMW X3 and paid $18.00 for shipping from Illinois for larger and heavier mats than the mats I ordered from Quadratec. Not to be a smart ass but I informed Quadratec I will be shopping elsewhere and they can shove their f...ing shipping charges up their a$$

• Or you can join DEJA, use the discount, and help support a local company that supports Jeeps For Joy, Topless For TaTa's, and a whole lot of other local clubs\events. But I'm sure that they appreciate being told where to shove their shipping charges.

• Look, I have ordered one hell of a lot of shit for my Jeep. At first, I thought Quadratec was "it" because of the discount and such. Then, I finally wised up and started shopping around. There were times I would still buy from them after the price match, but quite a few more when I wouldn't. I started spending my money at the smaller more custom shops because they were where the deals and quality were at. And they tend to have damn good customer service. Look at places like Rokmen, Ruffstuff, etc. and tell me that isn't spending my money with good folks that support Jeeping.

For as much merchandise as they move, Quadratec of screwing people with their shipping. "Local" company or not, thanks, but I won't be taking that screwing. I can spend less money at many shops that offer more, contribute heavily, and have as good customer service.

• They are taking a off the top with shipping which is how they offer lower (?) prices. At one point their prices may have been lower but now they are the same as everywhere. What you are paying for is the convenience of 1 stop shopping. As was said, the club discount eliminates the shipping mark up most of the time. Use the wish list function and save stuff until they have a special. Sometimes they'll throw a free shipping with every order over some amount or something.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• ive spent a good bit of money with Q-tec and still feel they are a top notch company. Their shipping seems to only be fouled up on little things like grab handles, floor mats, light bulbs, ect. Ive always called, placed orders over the phone, and have never been thrown off by the shipping costs. most things are here in 1 day also which saves money compared to others. its the joys of having to "estimate" shipping for a nationwide company.

6 jeeps later, i still order almost everything from them...or amazon.com if its something small that i don't want to pay 11 dollars for shipping on.

call them, call them out on their shipping, and im sure they will evaluate your situation.

• I didn't mean to rant and rave and I apologize. I will join the club as I also support those causes. But I still think the shipping charges are ridiculous. Sure I could run all the way up to their store in Pa. 5 hours and more gas $$ than the shipping costs. Not an option. As a comparison I want to get some Bushwhacker pocket fender flares. Quadratecs price is $494 plus expensive shipping costs. I found the same manufacturer and product on line for $376 with free shipping. Now why would I purchase these from Quadratec for over $100 more.

• Not right now. I'm not going to order for a while but the lower price should last until I'm ready. I'm a retired senior and I just have to watch the finances. I did send an e-mail protesting the shipping charges though, so let's see what their response is.

• Good morning everyone!

Quadratec will match a competitors delivered price, which will include shipping and tax, for the same brand product as long as it is from an authorized distributor, the product is in stock and the price can be verified in a current catalog, web site, or advertisement. (exceptions on auctions and used items)

Right now DEJA members have a 10% off total order or free UPS Ground Shipping option for orders placed via PM or telephone (800) 745-2348.

In regards to pricing, we try our best to offer our customers the lowest price on the market. On occasion, manufacturers will request that an item not be sold below MSRP. It is an agreement most larger distributors make to assure coverage for things like warranties and rebates. A smaller distributor that breaks this agreement might just hand you the telephone number to the manufacturer and wish you luck if there is a problem with an item.

As for shipping, we changed to an order dollar value system a little over 10 years ago due to the simplicity for our customers. The actual freight system would sometimes cause sticker shock for a customer calling from Washington state that is ordering wheels, tires and a lift kit compared to a customer ordering a Jeep hat and t-shirt from New Jersey. With the transition from a mail & phone order model to mail, phone & web order model, we needed a way for a customer to know what they will be paying for shipping as they build a list of items to order. Right now this shipping chart favors customers further away from our PA & NV warehouses that are ordering a lot of heavy items.

We will continue to make adjustments to remain competitive and appreciate your feedback.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!