Broken seatbelt

• Hoping I can get some help. My passenger side seatbelt on my 02 TJ seems to have locked up and won't release at all. At first it would lock up a little bit but if you gave a little slack and pulled again, it would release some more.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix it? Maybe would be able to help replace it? Any help would be amazing!

• Its the pendulum lock internally. U have to remove the belt from the jeep and pull the cover. Sometimes u can fix them and sometimes u cant. The issue is if u fix it it may be worn out and lock up again. I would buy a new one of get one from a junk yard.

• I was planning on stopping at a junk yard after my finals. How easy is it to remove the cover? I looked at it a little bit yesterday and couldn't think of an easy way to remove it

• I was planning on stopping at a junk yard after my finals. How easy is it to remove the cover? I looked at it a little bit yesterday and couldn't think of an easy way to remove it

Pretty easy removal if you use a torch... ask me how I know.. :innocent:

My old belts used to do the same thing with catching and jamming up when trying to pull them across. I recently got replacements from Quadratec not that long ago. They are factory direct from Seatbelt Solutions (in FL if I recall) and are top notch quality. $169.99 - 10% DEJA Member disc + free S/H (orders over $75).

For some things like seatbelts, personally I wouldn't trust a JY part and would go brand new. The reason most vehicles are in the JY is due to accidents which would compromise the seatbelt... if they were wearing one. I've seen more than I ever wanted of blood on the inside of junked vehicles b/c people don't wear them....

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• The covers are rivited on. They are not suppose to be repairable items. U will need a good set of torque bits to get the belts out.

Just dont get the school bus saftey orange ones jeremy got if u get new. :innocent:

• The covers are rivited on. They are not suppose to be repairable items. U will need a good set of torque bits to get the belts out.

Just dont get the school bus saftey orange ones jeremy got if u get new. :innocent:

:roflmao: :laughabove: :roflmao: :laughabove: :roflmao: :laughabove: :roflmao: :laughabove:

That literally made me LOL! People at work looking at me like I'm crazier than they already thought!!

OP- I had to use a torch to get the bolts out of the tub. That's how the covers got melted on mine... well at different points they were on fire too. :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• For some things like seatbelts, personally I wouldn't trust a JY part and would go brand new. The reason most vehicles are in the JY is due to accidents which would compromise the seatbelt... if they were wearing one. I've seen more than I ever wanted of blood on the inside of junked vehicles b/c people don't wear them....

From what I understand. If a vehicle has been in an accident over a certain mph and the seat belts were in use, you are required to replace them with new.

• Here are the ones that Quadratec carries... comes as a pair. http://www.quadratec.com/products/14247_08XX_PG.htm

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!