Amplifier location??

• Well it looks like i should be upgrading my stereo this weekend and i just wanted to see where you guys had mounted your amps.....I'lll be amplifind my highs which means i'll also have a set of crossovers to hide as well...I'm not sure i'f i'm gonna run a sub yet but if i do that means i'll have two amps to hide. Any help would be great...

• LOL thats good :laughabove: thats why i kinda of want to conseal it as much as possible...I will also have a 2-way motion sensored alarm as well

• Well it looks like i should be upgrading my stereo this weekend and i just wanted to see where you guys had mounted your amps.....I'lll be amplifind my highs which means i'll also have a set of crossovers to hide as well...I'm not sure i'f i'm gonna run a sub yet but if i do that means i'll have two amps to hide. Any help would be great...

mine is under tha back seat

keith c has his mount here

also
    http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=10388.0

• Under the rear seat seems like it may make it a bit hot, but everyone does it and I haven't heard of any problems. Depending on how big it is, you can probably fit it under the driver's or passenger's seat also. They seem like they would receive more airflow then the back, but just an idea...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• mine under the back seat has cut out a few times
    tho it has only done it stuck in traffic in the summer with the top off and the sun
    beating down

unde the front seats on the floor i would shy away from
    unless u never do water crossing or wheel in the mud w/o doors

however i guess if u had seat risers in and mounted the amp to the seat frame up high it
    might be okay

• unde the front seats on the floor i would shy away from
    unless u never do water crossing or wheel in the mud w/o doors

I didn't even think about that. Good thing it isn't my amp, it would be shorted by now... Although I would have thought twice after seeing the drain holes...

Easy fix for it over heating though. Build 5 sided box (leaving out the floor in order to keep the height down to a minimum). place 2 or 3 fans in each of the less wide sides. One side to suck air in and the other to blow air out. I did this once on an amp that I had sunken into a truck box. It kept over heating and that stopped it. Just an idea. If you need help, let me know and I am sure that I can give you a hand.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Edited once, last by TheMistaken ().

• the only problem is the size of the amp which i a 600 watt eclipse that will be used for my highs....and then i'll have to get another for the sub. and i dont have a back seat to hide it under....I was thinking under the driver seat untill keith had a good point that i had overlooked.....well i guess back to the drawing board....

• I've had my 400 watt amp under my rear seat for 3 yrs now. Its only ever cut out on my when I go for a 5 or 6 hour trip and have it blasting the whole way. For normal everyday driving or long trips with the top up you'd be fine.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I have a 1200w and a 400w amp both mounted under the back seat, no issues..................they've nvr cut out or anything in 6 months.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!