xj woes.. welder needed

• well saturday i decided to take the kids to the cecil county fair.. about a quarter mile from home as i was making a right turn the xj mad a loud bang and thud thud thud noice.. i couldnt move.. got out and looked and the drive shaft was laying on the gound..

the rear yoke decided to give way.. smashed the u joint and took off the extension housing for the t case...
    fun fun fun
    today i pulled the needed parts (driveshaft , yoke , housing) off my parts xj and am installing them in a bit.. fun fun fun... the big problem is the exaust.. the driveshaft decided to shred my exaust breaking the flange before the cat.. ripping the pipes from the muffler.. and making a general mess of things.. im going to cut the exaust out of the other one and put that in place.. anyone around have a welder in the general pike creek newark area.. i could use tomorow evening.. im starting a new job tomorow so ill be going to work in the morning and am looking at finishing the exaust tomorow evening..

anyone with a welder so i can tack the exaust ??? preferably newark pike creek area..
    please call my cell phone 302-339-1801

i would greatly appriciate any help and would glady repay it with beverage of choice...

• I would just buy a flange and some U-bolt clamps for a few dollars. You're welcome to come over and try to do it at my place. My stick welder will probably blow through the exhaust though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• well I pulled the extension housing drive shaft and yoke last night.. it all went in good.. tonight is to pull the exaust off the doner xj
    ill prolly give you a call tug.. hopefully we can set something up
    Rob

• I don't have a wire feed welder any more or I would do it for you sorry .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• ok.. I was going to re-look up your number and give you a call... but i wont have to now...
    Hows your xj project coming along?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!