XJ, Winch and Bumper

• I am ready to mount the bumper tonight after 8 PM and finish tomarrow night. It is primed and painted and the brush guard is welded to the bumper. It weights 87 lb. and the winch weights 102 lb. So I will need help.

Primed Bumper

Painted Bumper

New Winch In Box.

• ahh nuts, I was running around all day. two trips to Norristown and back, then down to Odessa. hope it went well!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• We got the bumper on pretty easily. Then we positioned the winch, but bolts were a pain to get set because there was very little clearance. We did it though, and it looks pretty good. Now Tugboat needs to get the controllers and hydraulic lines set up...

• :wavey: First I have to thank Andrew and Jimmy. :up: If it was not for them it would not have gotten put on.
    :welder: The bumper was easy all the bolts lined up with no problem. :hmm: The back two bolts for the winch was not that hard but the front two bolts :bang: have very little clearance. :censored: But we got them in and it looks great. :driving: I took a measurement before and after and all that weight only lowered the front end by 1/8 of a inch.
    :useless:

I left the tow shackles on from the stock bumper and I will add shackles on the tabs on the bumper. Plus there is holes to mount tow hooks on top of the bumper.

I like how the winch sits low so that it is not blocking air.

I am not going to work on the winch tonight to hook up the HYD. lines but that should not take to long. :lie:

• Like to see someone take that bumper off. Jackarses

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!