da mutts offroad dead

• I'd volunteer to do the graphics for your cards, signs, etc.

That's the least I could do for all you've helped me with.

DrJ

• I just wanted to say that I had Tony (Da Mutts Offroad) install my lift(s) and tires and he did a great job at a VERY reasonable price. :driving: And I can't forget thank TheMistaken as he was the other half of the team doing the work. I am always apprehensive about letting others work on my rigs but I had neither the time nor the tools to get the job done. Most of you have probably known these guys for years, but I didn't. But I figured that they knew what they were doing based on the content on these boards so I gave it a shot. I also got my parts through Tony and I hope everyone in this club will give him an opportunity to price things out for you. All I can say is that the Jeep rides great, looks great, and if I were to have a problem I know that these guys would be there to help me out. Let's try to keep our business as local and support Da Mutts Offroad... :tup:

• Hey Tony wanna take a shot at roll cage torx? im kinda nervous been saoking with PB blaster for a week. i dont have an impact wrench so im looking for someone to do it. A guy with jeep experience would be great. PM me if you are interested Ill tow new one down.
    thx

• Hey Tony wanna take a shot at roll cage torx? im kinda nervous been saoking with PB blaster for a week. i dont have an impact wrench so im looking for someone to do it. A guy with jeep experience would be great. PM me if you are interested Ill tow new one down.
    thx

yeah I can do it all esle fails we can weld a nut to the torq and get it out but seems like a far drive for a hourt or sos work. maybe post a wrecnh fest and see if someone can help if not we will set up a time to do it no problem

thx

not tryin to hijack in a service thread, BUT I just did mine with pliers. Didn't need to weld or anything.... give a (censored) at it, take some time and some pb blaster... you'd be surpised.

(after thinking) mine we also broken loose just before I did the cage for paining...
    BUT STILL give it a try :D

• I have now started working with trexlars auto in dover and will be doing my work out of there garage under there insurance. we can do all types of work to include diagnostics and I will still be doing all my lift work out of there or my shop for anything that needs the welder till I can get other stuff moved out there. If there is anything that you need done to your vehicle in the dover are to include a tow let me know and we can work it out.

• not tryin to hijack in a service thread, BUT I just did mine with pliers. Didn't need to weld or anything.... give a (censored) at it, take some time and some pb blaster... you'd be surpised.

(after thinking) mine we also broken loose just before I did the cage for paining...

not tryin to hijack in a service thread, BUT I just did mine with pliers. Didn't need to weld or anything.... give a (censored) at it, take some time and some pb blaster... you'd be surpised.

Joo, his is an 88. Big difference between your and his. You'd definately not get his out with pliers.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Well one week later soaking in PB blaster got one out, broke a torx, Just kind of gave upand went fishing. I think Ill grind them out and smash the bolt out through the old nut. What grade stainless nut is best for the roll cage? I do agree Dover is a bit far but Ill keep you in mind if I do change my mind.

• Not to hi jack but come buy the house if we can't get them out whit a torx bit I will weld nuts to them

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!