...and so it begins.

• Patti is at GWNF...

She called to say that once you reach Harrisonburg, your exit is the SECOND exit, Rt. 33 West, a good bit further past the first H'burg exit. Stay on Rt.33 all theway through H'burg, into the forest, to the WVa line, up the mountain to Brandywine. Once the road levels out, watch for the TINY Brandywine Camground sign on the right. The sign is onthe RIGHT, the campground is on the LEFT!!!! There is a store about 5 miles beyond the campground if you need last minute items.

• I went through Rt. 33 on our way out to the Habitat for Humanity build in July. Rt. 33 gets wierd when it goes through town because there's a building in the middle of it which makes the road go around the building. I remember there's a coffee place on rt. 33 near that building. I forget the name but remember it was catchy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The circle in town is easy. Just pay attention to the signs, it's all marked. Once out of town it's all cow and rusted cars in the yard for awhile, then you'll see signs for Geo. Washington Nat'l Forest. Just keep going....just keep going. You'll know when you've started up the mountain, especially if you're driving a manual. Once you come down, and it levels out, just keep a sign out for the, uh, sign as DrJ said. It's on the right. Doesn't specifically say Brandywine "Campground" on it, but if I remember correctly it says Brandywine something. The campground entrance is directly on the left at that sign.

• It was either Artful Dodger or the Daily Grind...both right on the square.

That's it...Daily Grind. I liked that name.

I don't know how bad flys are this time of year but when I drove through the cow area outside of town I was GLAD to be in my Dodge with the windows up! The bugs were huge! I'm surprised I didn't have any dings in the truck body from the bugs I hit.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• josh called me a couple hours ago, he and DCC both arrived.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Have a blast you all!!!! Wish I could make it but it will have to wait until May. Watch out for Corona Mountain or Jaeger Pass, I heard they could be rough...especially in the morning :razz:

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!