Need some Opinions

• ok so from what i gathered, i guess i'm gonna go with the mikegreen weld in LCA skids. Just dont know what brands would be better for the steering skid, engine skid, and tummy tucker....also if i do a tummy tuck i know that i will need a bodylift which is comeing soon but what else would i need? would i have to do andthing for the driveline etc?

• Steering skids are all teh same, engine skid.... You have alot of options since you have an '04 and want a TT I would go with jeep medic, and yes if you do a TT you need to address driveline angles with an SYE and a CV driveshaft...

• well i guess i'm not going to to do a tummy tuck then cause i really dont want to mess with the driveline and sye etc. thats what i'm trying to stay away from. What other kinds of transfer skid are there that will give me more ground clearance with out the issue of drive lines etc?

• Anytime you raise the driveline, you get the same effect on the driveline as you do with additional suspension lift. with 2.5" of suspension lift already any raising you do to the center skid will most likely necessitate an SYE, as far as non-raised center skids, I don't think any are made and the stock skid will be sufficient for anything up to easy black trails..

• I've had three different steering skids. Kilby is the only one that didn't add a whole lot of ground clearance. It also bolts on really easy.

• Skid-row or nth degree makes a good skid plate, the warn's downfall is it is only 1/8" plate but it is better than nothing ....as far as tie-rods, the steel one from full circle is fine, just like the big-daddy.. I tend to stay away from aluminum stuff as I have seen too many crack or just not bend back like they are supposed to...

Exactly what he said!
    I originally bought the Warn Engine skid ($150)
    I took it out of the box, checked it out but I did not like how it was made.
    I returned it and got the Skidrow engine Skid ($249).

But 1/8" steel is better than no steel

• ok so here are the LCA skids that i'm considering
    Mikegreen4x4 3/16" thick weld on $22
    JKS 1/4" thick weld on $22
    Skid Row 1/4" thick bolt on $127

Which is better?

• just for the record, i have the Nth degree tummy tuck with no body lift or mml....

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!