Exhaust manifold leak...

• ...or that is what the sounding diagnosis was at the last meeting. Now I have noticed that when I turn it on, it stalls every time. Then I start it and have to rev it pretty good to get it going. Is that a side effect of the exhaust manifold?

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• ying we can fix you leak as soon as i get a little time off. go ahead and pick up the manifold gasket. and start soaking the bolts and nuts with pbr blaster. this will help greatly. should only be about a 3 hr. job max.

• I'm not sure the stalling can be related to the exhaust manifold leak. Monte would know better of course.

Also check your fuel filter.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks Monte, you know I am in no hurry. Get up with me when you have some time. John I kinda thought the fuel filter but am a tech idiot!!!!!

• the stalling could be from a vacuum leak
    check all the hoses
    and intake /carb mounting bolts

on ur yj there shouold be a replaceable fuel filter on in near
    the tank on the frame somewhere
    there cheap enough to r/r

• Kevin,
    Do you have a 4 cylinder? The rear-most manifold stud likes to break off on them. ;) I replaced mine a few years ago. You'll be surprised at how the aftermarket gasket compares to the original. It quiets the motor down tremendously.

• Yup 4 cyl. Also Chuck I will get the spreaders from your work sometime soon!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!