Wrench Fest (Sunday 10/29)--JKS 1.25 body lift and JKS bmml

• I was thinking about installing these this weekend. How loan should i expect it to take? and also will i need the linkage bracket cause the body lift i bought used and thats the only thing that was not included? anything else that i should get before i do this? thanks Jason

• i woul say plan to spend about 4 hours or so total with no breaks using hand tools. easy to do. I wouldnt worry about the linkage unless it causes a problem...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• the thing is i dont have the bracket to do and if i take it apart i will need to put it back together to drive it home.............I was thinking of maybe doing this on Saturday afternoon or Sunday if any one would be willing to help.....I have a place a could do it in dagsboro or i could do i someplace else if some one had a place and tools....... ::)

• I have the JKS 1.25 body, and we put in a MML at the same time. We didn't do a thing about the shift linkage, and haven't had a problem (with that!).

• you shouldnt need it if you do the motor mount lift

i didnt do the mml yet and i didnt install the shifter linkage

but its hard to stay in 4wd without it....i can help you with the install whenever you want to do it....

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• my plan is...i would like to do it on Sunday if i can get extra help.....I have a garage and tools in Dagsboro or willing to do it some place else if some one want to loan a place and tools.....

• I might be able to help depending on whether I get my heep running tommorow. Never done a mml or body lift but I'm a pb blaster guru now :laughing:

• whats wrong with your tj?

changed the alternator, but it still won't charge. Charges for about 5 - 10 minutes of driving and then it loose all the amps. Thought it was the gauge first, but the battery died, bought a new battery and alternator and same thing.

• **UPDATE** I plan on doing this Sunday morning. The plan is to start around 9 ish. Does anyone know if i need to have a transfer case drop kit? I will be doing the motor mount lift the same day. If you would like to help out that would be great. Please PM for directions and phone numbers...thanks guys........

Oh by the way this will be going on in Dagsboro.....just south of Millsboro for those that do not know that area

• yeah hopefully i can make it down ill be down that way in millsboro any how so post up the directions to your house and ill get there as soon as i can

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• any one else want to help out? I'v never done this before any help would be great......of course i will provide pizza and drinks or beer

• **UPDATE** I plan on doing this Sunday morning. The plan is to start around 9 ish. Does anyone know if i need to have a transfer case drop kit? I will be doing the motor mount lift the same day. If you would like to help out that would be great. Please PM for directions and phone numbers...thanks guys........

Oh by the way this will be going on in Dagsboro.....just south of Millsboro for those that do not know that area

are u referring to the linkage drop kit 4 the t-case?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!