new gallery software

• the gallery the website has been using for a while is nice, but wasn't really compatible with the new forum software, which we had to switch to because of frequent hacking problems. (ok, enough of the old news) I think I just got the new gallery software running, DEJA members should see a link "Gallery" next to "Old Gallery" in the top menu. non-members will see a link "New Gallery". Members, click on the link "Gallery", and then choose the option "create a new account" when it asks you. type in your forum password, and you're good to go. it shouldn't ask you for that again.

The new gallery software is pretty easy to work with, click on the link "Your Album" in the top right to get started. There are a bunch of new options to play with, including the ability to upload directly from Windows XP, or from the Picasa 2 photo album software. Also, I did a little test, and was able to upload 3 megabytes of photos at once, while the old software would crash and burn :doh:.

enjoy! :innocent:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by whatevah ().

• Nice work Jerry! Getting new plug-ins like image galleries to work that well with the forum software is no trivial task! Well done!

• Are we losing the old gallery or will I have to upload all my photos and organize them again?

I started bring them over but they are all coming over as thumb nails. How do I bring them over full size?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• the old gallery will stay around for a while... I'll turn off the upload capability in a week or so, though.

how were you trying to bring them over? I don't know if there is an automated process, but I think I can copy them over for ya if I mess with it for a few minutes.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I was just using the add photo thing on the new gallery. I selected an album in the my old gallery and copied that url into the new gallery. All the pics were brought over, but in thumb-nail version.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• oh... yeah, that's why. the url for your old gallery has links to the full pics, but only thumbnails are actually on the page. I'll see what I can do for ya tonight when I get home from work.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I'm just uploading the pictures all over again. It seems easier. I like how the order of the pictures in the album can be altered easily.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Alright....I have a few questions about articles that I have uploaded:

1. How do I set READ ONLY permission to the articles so that no one can change information without me knowing about it?

2. After uploading the articles I decided to make an album to hold them all, "Modifications and Information". I am trying to move the individual articles into the folder but I get an error message. Am I doing something wrong? What is the best way to move each article from my "Slimer" album into my "Modifications and Information" sub-album?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• did you get it figured out? if not... what was the error message?

Jerry / Whatevah

• It seems to be working now. The error message given was not really specific. It said something like, "Cannot process this request" or "An error occurred......"

Thanks. The new gallery is pretty cool.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• right, click on the link "Gallery", and if you don't have an account set up yet, it'll ask you. choose "create a new account". the next time you click on it, it'll open the gallery immediately.

Jerry / Whatevah

• the XP Upload wizard doesn't work if you download the registry key from the gallery, so use the file I attached to the first post. you have to log into the gallery first, to activate your gallery account.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Alright....I just uploaded a Word document and I'm getting an error saying it can't open the document. Could it be caused by the hyperlinks in the document? My other Word documents open fine (no hyperlinks in them).

Here is a link:

http://www.delawareja.com/foru…itter.html?action=gallery

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• is that a word document? it's not showing a .doc extension on the file name.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Yes, it is a word document.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• just added a trick to make it easier to post pics in the forum... when you're looking at a photo in the new gallery, on the left side should be a link "Get item urls". Just copy and paste the BB coding that you want. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!