Paragon Might close

• Just heard about this and had to see If the rumors were true, my girlfriend works for a bank and was talking to a guy who lived in hazelton and worked in the Industrial park....he said Its to become a cargo plane airport, so sad!

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Sounds like they're in real trouble. I don't think the benefit ride will have any impact on the outcome. Maybe just help Kyle and Steph out with some bills.

It said the park pulled in 500K last year. They should have taken some of that money and looked for a good land purchase.

Oh well. Hind sight is always 20/20. :doh:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• the worst part is, they are going to hold a press meeting tomorrow either just after the court or during the court hearing to announce that the park may become a Cargo Airport.

I dont want to say it looks bad, but sounds like they are already moving in.... I hope he fights it all the way.

• I dont want to say it looks bad, but sounds like they are already moving in.... I hope he fights it all the way.

If anything just to be a thorn in their side. I hate it when the little guy gets pushed around.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• another article from Tuesday, a different paper. talking about the airport. http://www.standardspeaker.com…ece46205485343593448e39e8

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Jerry / Whatevah

• I love this quote: "...bring 4500 jobs to the area..." :laughing:

Basell told Elkton, MD that it would bring 3000 jobs to the area to get approval to build the sight I work at. The GOVERNOR actually came out for the ground breaking ceremony. I don't think we ever broke the 500 job mark. Now we have less than 250!

Me thinks Hazleton will be surprised when that "4500 job promise" doesn't happen. :laughabove:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• LOOK, NOW THEY SAY 100,000 JOBS! They need to stop.

How about this quote to rally the public on their side:

Attorney Jill Moran is representing Gladstone. She said Overland damaged the land by cutting trees and paths and digging ditches.

What do they think an AIRPORT is GOING TO DO? If they really cared about the cut trees and digging of ditches then they wouldn't be putting an airport on the sight!

:bang: This shit pisses me off.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Wow, I'm amazed. Simply amazed.

Damaged land?! This blows my mind. That airport won't bring as many jobs as they wish.....in the mean time all those gas stations and places we go will suffer while they are building this place because there will be no traffic.

Figures there government is behind it....so I wouldn't be suprised if they do win this case, that there would be another and another and at some point Steph and Kyle are gonna have to give up...

• I think Paragon is fighting a losing battle as far as the future of Paragon is concerned. But they certainly have a right to an acceptable buy out of the lease. No doubt the firm wishing to move in low balled them to see what they could get away with. NOW they are sueing Paragon according to one of the news broadcasts. That's :bsflag:

...always wanted to use that smiley.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• so i was reading over on the paragon forum and it looks like paragon lost it case so this weekend maybe the last time you can ride at paragon this is a sad day in the wheeling community.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• they still have more appeals and such... I heard that they were planning on appealing it at the state if they ran out of a local appeals.

Jerry / Whatevah

• yeah hopefully they are gonna win in the end but who knows

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• For those that haven't seen it:

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=6019663

the important part:

At a hearing in Luzerne County Court Wednesday afternoon, a judge decided that Paragon violated its lease of the land. He ordered Paragon to be off the property by Monday. Knosp tells Newswatch 16 that he will comply with the judge's order, but plans to appeal.

Looks bad folks....

--Ian

• It was probably a fixed court. The airport is better for the surrounding area, although I still think the employment numbers they are touting are a pipe dream.

He'll have to go to federal court to get any justice.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the big CRACKDOWN on vehicle violations we all saw a year or so ago?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Come on people...read the articles, especially the ones posted on the PAP forum before making up all kinds of e-rumors.

If you read it the owners are contending that Kyle and Steph didn't provide proof of insurance, damaged the land, failed to make lease payments, and failed to provide proof of income in order to establish accurately what the rent was (part of the lease payment was a portion of the profits). Their initial suit (which PAP lost) was for a $36000 award...PAP appealed that the judged was not permitted to award over $8K and it was then reduced to $7600. PAP then filed an appeal for the judgement but waited too long. The reason they lost yesterday (according to the articles) was that the judge dropped the appeal citing that they had 30 days to file and it wasn't filed for over 90days (in a timely manner I believe he said).

--Ian

• Maybe its a conspiracy and aliens have take over paragon....or maybe its the tree hugging hippies trying to keep the man down....or maybe....Nevermind. :laughabove:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!