TJ in accident

• http://delawareonline.com/apps…D=/20070219/NEWS/70219037

a black TJ was crushed in a wreck on Rt13 in New Castle, was it any of us? It looks stock.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• That happened right at the Dog House (next to Pep Boys). My guess is the TJ tried to dart across to get onto Franklin Street a block south of Stahl Ave and didn't make it before getting hit by one of the tracter trailers. That's a bad crossing although I can't see why since it is very open and you can see a good distance. A lot of people pull out in front of traffic there for some reason.

Look at how mangled the roll bar is.

This picture shows that it had a hard top on. Maybe they cut the roll bar.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• oh, good catch. look at how far the grill was pushed back from the bumper. I hope that had the 4cyl engine.

"One person was reported trapped in a Jeep that was crunched between two tractor-trailers." sounds more like a truck didn't stop in time? I guess we'll find out.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• "One person was reported trapped in a Jeep that was crunched between two tractor-trailers." sounds more like a truck didn't stop in time? I guess we'll find out.

I guess there are a few possibilities. It could be they tried to cross the highway, in front of one of the trucks and didn't make it, pushing the Jeep into another truck. Or perhaps the person was crossing the highway, seeing one truck but didn't see the other in the next lane. With all this ice perhaps the TJ took off and slipt on an ice patch which made it not cross the highway in time.

I guess we'll never know. I'm surprised someone survived that carnage!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• judging by the front grille, i would say that the jeep t-boned one of the trucks and pushed the body off the frame as it went underneath the side of the truck.

• In the first picture with the dash rolled and roof cut was all done by us. The dash was pressed onto the patients legs which caused us the practically tear the vehicle apart. The second one was heavy entrapment and invloved also tearing the vehicle apart. I didn't get to attend the second one but I do know the MVC required a second due rescue and taught all us a good lesson of how to cut apart a tj.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• Wait a second. Thinking of two accidents. Same one. Dur. Yesterday morning there was another one that I missed. Opps. My bad.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• Just found this in at http://www.delawareonline.com

• There was another accident today on Basin Road in front of William Penn high school. It involved a 4 door JK. The JK had a fair amount of front end damage. I didn't see the other vehicles but they shut down east bound Rt. 41 (Basin Road) in front of the high school.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The Lady in the jeep in Wilm. Manor said she saw it comming and kinda "ducked" Upon our arrival, from the front of the jeep all you could see was a hand and fingers moving. Alot of crushing both from the front and the back. Thankfully, she wasn't crushed. My partner at work has more pics if interested. Dan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!