Tire rubbing LCA

• just save the $300 up and buy two new front and rear track bars...

Easier said than done. Hahaha. Plus I was looking at JKS and they looked to be about 450 for f/r.

Andrew, I'll have to take your word for that. I went to the RE website and the only two rear brackets they had said for 3"+ of lift.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Well as long as it's closer than it is. I assume this will need to be welded in?

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Thanks guys. I'll have it shortly. Wish I could find a used track bar for the front. Not willing to pay retail for one haha.

• that may be true but it also takes away from your turning radius

Not enough that you even notice. I did the washer thing after I put 31's on with 5.5 b/s wheels when she was still stock and then added another after the BB and BL/MML. I was going to get different wheels, but decided to wait until I had the money for bigger tires, so I decided to put on 1.25" wheel spacers. I haven't even noticed the loss of turning radius, but I sure have noticed not hearing that rubbing sound when I turn full lock.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Not enough that you even notice. I did the washer thing after I put 31's on with 5.5 b/s wheels when she was still stock and then added another after the BB and BL/MML. I was going to get different wheels, but decided to wait until I had the money for bigger tires, so I decided to put on 1.25" wheel spacers. I haven't even noticed the loss of turning radius, but I sure have noticed not hearing that rubbing sound when I turn full lock.

That's what I figured too. I also figure that the tire hitting the lca is taking away from my turning radius anyway since I have to cut it a little bit short. :spinrhead: I refuse to run wheel spacers so the moabs will be coming off.

• New* Rubicon Express rear trackbar relocation bracket for TJ RE 3.5" Lift $25

Will that work? I only have 2"??? ???

I had the RE front relocation deal for the trackbar and it only lasted one trail ride.
    I hope the rear one is made stronger then the front. Of course I did wheel the hell out of the poor thing ( It didnt stand a chance :suspicious: )

• That's a good idea Chris! Thanks. :spinrhead:

J-man, the most this Rubicon is gonna see is dusty trails. Maybe some rocks. I'm not concerned about it breaking. In a few years when I want to beat it, the lift will be replaced with the real deal anyway.

• Well I found a JKS adj front cheap over on ROF and it's on. Tire rubs no longer! :wavey:

• What's the easiest way to make the rear bracket stop creaking? It's driving me nuts and it's only been on there for a few days. :laughing:

• Tighten the bejezus out of it.

:laughing: I had a feeling that would just make the bolts snap.

• Weld it to the stock bracket....

I was thinking that. But what happens when I get a real rear track bar? They cut it out?

• You run the bracket with the adj. track-bar

Okay! Thanks! :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!