Tire rubbing LCA

• Alright, so all is well with the budget boost. Mostly anyway. The right front tire rubs the lca at full turn. At first I couldn't figure out what it was til I actually got out and looked. Is there anyway to fix this? I was told that it's because the track bar got pulled to the left from the lift. I've heard about relocating the track bar or buying a new one. Anything else though? :shrug: I know it's not a big deal, but it gets on my nerves since I like to make tight turns. :laughing:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Hmm. I'm not sure if it's because I centered the steering wheel or not. Didn't really notice it before then. That's the only thing I've changed since the lift.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Thanks! It's not rubbing on both sides though. Just do it to the pass side? Or should I still do it to both?

• yeah, sounds like it's from the trackbar not being replaced/moved. I get the same problem :D if its rubbing on the passenger side, I *think* you add a washer on the drivers side.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Yeah, I looked into it. Needs an adjustable track bar or to be moved and redrilled. TJ's was just relocated. After I decide on my final amount of lift I'll buy f/r track bars. For now I'm doing the steer stop thing. :D

Passenger side or drivers side? Anyone?

• If the right side rubs then you need to adjust the left side out a little.

Thanks! I will try this over the weekend and see what happens. :wavey:

• its really a simple process. 2 minutes literally, unscrew, add a washer or two, screw in. done.

you shouldnt run into any problems!

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I would definitly say fix it...
    Ive got a 31 mt that will agree with that... (huge gash in sidewall from rubbing)

• okay, then....backing up once in a great while is considerably cheaper than a full set of rims.

Agreed. Not too concerned about turning radius, I just don't want to rip my tires to shreds. Also don't have the cash for new wheels right now. Eventually I'll buy adjustable f/r track bars AND new wheels and be happy. For now, I'll take the cheap way out.

Btw, I decided I def need a new rear track bar. My left tire is inside the flare and the right tire is outside the flare. :doh:

• New* Rubicon Express rear trackbar relocation bracket for TJ RE 3.5" Lift $25

Will that work? I only have 2"??? ???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!