A to Z rockers installed!

• Here's pics of my new A to Z rockers installed Tuesday night at Turtles. Thanks Turtle for the use of air tools. Thanks Chris Hall for your help with these. and Thanks Artie for.....um, ok you didn't help me any.

Blizzards all around next time boys!

[size=18px]BONUS PICTURE!![/size]

This has nothing to do with my rockers. We gave Adyson cottage cheese tonight to see if she liked it, and here's her response:

The rest of the non-cheese colored stuff is spinach, which she does like. Her parents don't like cottage cheese either.

If I'm sharing too much, someone just tell me......

:peace:

• i was curious about the color of the cottage cheese...i think i would have puked it up too if it was a tad green LOL

jeep looks good (kid is cute as usual)

dave

• A few questions:

How do the rockers bolt up? Do they just bolt to the sides or are they also supported by the floor underneath?

What are the tiny red chunks mixed in with the green, because they look like bits of bolgna or red pepper?

Last question...

Did it look different coming out the other end?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

A few questions:

How do the rockers bolt up? Do they just bolt to the sides or are they also supported by the floor underneath?

Yes, there's 6 bolts per side into the rocker, and fender washer and lock nuts holding it on. The underside is 2" wide at the front, and 6" wide in the back, but does not utilize any bolts underneath. Here's a pic from A to Z's site:

I was concerned with putting weight on them because they only attach through the body, but from what I've heard from everyone that has them, it's not ever been a problem. Install was a breeze.

What are the tiny red chunks mixed in with the green, because they look like bits of bolgna or red pepper?

That seems like a monitor problem, I'm not seeing any red. I think she just had oatmeal & spinach (which is the green), and the cottage cheese, which she won't have again. Poor thing actually gagged on it first. By the way, while I was standing around as a concerned father-type figure saying things like "Oh, you poor thing, you'll never have to have that again", Selena was taking the pictures.

Last question...

Did it look different coming out the other end?

I'll have to ask daycare about that later today. :sniffle:

• Quote from "wanderlust"

Poor thing actually gagged on it first.

That's the same reaction I have towards cottage cheese. Anything that looks like maggot stew can't be good. :repuke:

Looking at how close the rockers come to the body mount, I wonder why they didn't incorporate that mount for added stability and strength?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Mounting the rockers to a body mount is not always a good idea. With how close these rockers come to the tub itself, you really do not need any attachment points. There is a real tendency to over build rocker guards, mine are tied into the body mount but my cage is also tied into them, this was just a cheap and easy way to give my cage more rigidity.

• Quote from "wanderlust"

Here's pics of my new A to Z rockers installed Tuesday night at Turtles. Thanks Turtle for the use of air tools. Thanks Chris Hall for your help with these. and Thanks Artie for.....um, ok you didn't help me any.

Blizzards all around next time boys!

No problem paul! :laughing:

by the way, thanks for the new cp wallpaper.

Artie

• can they also be used as a step to get into the jeep. my wife is bugging me to put steps on my jeep so it is easier for her and my daughter to get in.

Carl

• Quote from "cj7taz"

can they also be used as a step to get into the jeep. my wife is bugging me to put steps on my jeep so it is easier for her and my daughter to get in.

AtoZ Fabrication has rockers with no step, or with several different step options. I have the "Yaffy style", which I like because it projects our further, and I thought a square step would be easier if it's wet or muddy.

• Nice addition, i was thinking about going with the same ones. Is A to Z a local business?? I have been to their website, but couldnt find their location. And does this Association have any connections with A to Z??

Sean Rankin
    Delaware

• Southampton, NJ
    609-668-3043

from delaware it probably a little over a hour to southampton, nj. i work in mount laurel, takes me like 50 minutes from christiana and southampton is just a little bit farther up the road on the turn pike or 295.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!