• I run fox emulsion, they are just the standard shock, way more stable than the OME shocks i used to run. at $140 each i said screw it and bought them...they were worth it for the stability. jeep doesn't rock side to side now

I have heard that air shocks arent good for the street though...

• The walker evans are very stiff.... but work very very well off-road... on-road is a different story

so are mine, i think i dropped 10 nuts getting them in place.

• Those running the Air Shocks... Are you running them with other suspension components (i.e. Leafs or coils)? I need to keep my coils so if they are able to be run with the coils I would be interested in them as well.

Fox Emulsions vs Walker Evans... Now I am looking for a set of shocks to give me more stability off-road. I have REE Monotubes now and they are super bouncy and almost push me past the off-camber comfort level sometimes. Would either of these help this issue? Now my shocks now are still rather new and still have proper compression and rebound pressures (they feel the same as they did when they were new).

Not looking for anything on the street, Jeep is not tagged or anything anymore. I got tired of fighting with the DMV. Thanks...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I have REE Monotubes now and they are super bouncy and almost push me past the off-camber comfort level sometimes. Would either of these help this issue? Now my shocks now are still rather new and still have proper compression and rebound pressures (they feel the same as they did when they were new).

Not looking for anything on the street, Jeep is not tagged or anything anymore. I got tired of fighting with the DMV. Thanks...

i think you may want a swayloc or anti rock first....that was probly the best mod i did for stability off road. with the rear sway bar only the jeep just wants to follow the rear springs and bounce around, with any type of off road sway bar in the front that gets taken away

• Anti-Rock is already in the plan with my next build when I get back from the desert. I have looked into rear shock kits (JKS rear mounts and the Clayton rear kit). Anyone familiar with either of these or have any other recommendations?

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• figured it would be something of the sort. Seems easy enough though I do see some portions that could potentially be a PIA. Why cut the tower so short though? I would think you'd leave it as long as possible in order to keep the longest shock stroke possible. I really do not like how in the stu write-up the shock sticks down pretty far and seems open to get drug on something. I think I would move the lower mount up some and more into the middle of the axle tube... i like the poly performance lower mounts as well. we will see. It would be a relatively easy thing to do, just gotta get some new rear shocks when i get back and go to tow. I think i may put a new front tower on as well so i could increase that shock stroke and use an eye style mount instead of the stud style....

• you would be surprised how long of a shock you can run with it cut that short.... mine is not much longer than that and I run 12" shocks.... the front would be hard to get any longer of a shock onto as you would be into the engine bay... plus it really isn't necessary as shock length especially with radius arms in the front do not ever limit flex by having too short of a stroke....

• I also run 12 travel front and rear. I need to put a limiting strap in the center of my diff though, the CV binds a little if i high center.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!