Time for inspection...

• Well unfortunately i have inspection due at the end of the month..just looking for some quick fixes for a third brake light, i think i have a pretty good idea so far..

Also the KC lights have to have covers on them correct?

Any other common problems you guys with lifted >33" tires ran into come inspection time, were the stock brakes enough to satisfy the stopping portion of the testing during inspection?

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• yes, any offroad lights need to be covered, especially if mounted higher than the headlights. If your brakes are working correctly, you should be fine. Just hit the clutch when you hit the brakes. 4High helps, too. ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• ....and make sure your windsheild is secured to the tub. I went through without the bolts attached to the dash and when I hit the brakes the windsheild slammed down on the hood!

At least I knew the hinges were working.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• ....and make sure your windsheild is secured to the tub. I went through without the bolts attached to the dash and when I hit the brakes the windsheild slammed down on the hood!

At least I knew the hinges were working.

i bet that surprised the crap outta ya.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• probably going to do something like this..

without the hub cap part..

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• i have a small LED light mounted in the tire carrier on icky's jeep. i was given grief over it when it was on my jeep and now on hers as well. each time they quoted the "book" as requiring the 3rd light to have 4.5 square inches of surface area and the light i have was significantly smaller than that. eventually they let it slide both times since they agreed the LED was brighter than the stock filament. good luck with it.

for extra lighting - they told me that any light mounted above the bumper needed covers on them. granted, tj lights didn't come with full covers....but that's what they told me.

• How exactly would 4hi help if you pushed your clutch in? :shrug:

All the wheels are locked together with the drive line so if you have one with a weak brake it will be stopped by the drive line (Brakes on other wheels) instead of the weak brake and there machine don't know the difference.

• All the wheels are locked together with the drive line so if you have one with a weak brake it will be stopped by the drive line (Brakes on other wheels) instead of the weak brake and there machine don't know the difference.

Exactly it. for hitting the clutch: my rear brakes were shot so going to neutral/clutch takes the torque from the motor away from the axle making it easier for the brakes to stop the tires.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Exactly it. for hitting the clutch: my rear brakes were shot so going to neutral/clutch takes the torque from the motor away from the axle making it easier for the brakes to stop the tires.

If the clutch is pushed in then the driveline would be taken out of the equation.

• Engine braking would be out, but as was stated, the transfer case would still connect all 4 wheels and equalize the normal braking front vs rear or any weak brakes than if in 2wd only.

• Engine braking would be out, but as was stated, the transfer case would still connect all 4 wheels and equalize the normal braking front vs rear or any weak brakes than if in 2wd only.

I don't see where it would make much of a difference. If your brakes are shot why in the world would you want to take a chance anyways, just fix'em.

• thanks for the input guys, any local guys done a third brake light mod that could shed some light..not really big on electric here

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• jamie just come over to my house and ill fix you up with a 3rd brake light
    i get home from work tomorrow at 5
    and im off friday and the weekend

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• hey kevin, sorry was at the beach all weekend, whats your schedule like this week.. tuesdays im free after 11am..wednesday after 12.. etc

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!