Beer, now here's a question..........

• I see all over CHSP "NO Alcoholic beverages" signs as you go onto the beach. Yet, the other day I saw a guy walking the beach with a beer in a cozie. Now assuming everyone that is with me is legal age, how strict are they with the whole beer thing on the beach?

• the only rule i have heard of is no glass containers. I have talked to rangers at both cape henlopen and del sea shore and they have never said anything about the drinking unless someone has a bottle, and its not like we try to hide the fact that we drink. I haven't seen those signs you speak of eather.

• I don't think there is a problem and there is nothing i have ever seen saying no alocholic beverages. the only thing that i am aware of is no glass bottles of anything.

• Just so everyone knows , here are the rules set forth by the DPR.......
    Just use common sense and you should not be hasseled . I havent had any issues with any adult drink I take to the surf , wether in cans or glass bottles , and I'm on the surf alot FWIW

http://www.destateparks.com/know/rules/rules.htm#13.1

• My problem is all the beer i like only comes in bottles. Kind of a beer snob.. :innocent:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• My problem is all the beer i like only comes in bottles. Kind of a beer snob.. :innocent:

I agree with you about the bottles, but Andrew would know. He's out there alot.
    I take bottles w/me almost everytime I go, and I've never been hassled....

....I think it's like Andrew said, just use common sense. If your smashing bottles and
    making a scene in a drunken stupor, you may have probs, but I don't think you or anyone
    I've run across on these boards is that dumb...(well maybe one)

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• If your smashing bottles and
    making a scene in a drunken stupor, you may have probs, but I don't think you or anyone
    I've run across on these boards is that dumb...(well maybe one)

Thanks a lot for all the replies. As far as the qoute goes, I'm pretty sure I'm not that exception, though I did dive into the water on Memorial Day weekend b/c it was beckoning me, not realizing it was only 55 degrees!

Well, if you see a guy enjoying a PBR on the beach, you can say hi and assume its me!

• People actually ENJOY PBR? :rolleyes: :laughing:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• With gas being $4/gallon, PBR all of the sudden has a wonderful, crisp taste.

They did a cheap beer study

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=673252

This study picked the best tasting cheap beer.

1. Schaefer
    2. Genny Cream Ale
    3. Miller High Life
    4. Black Label
    5. Pabst Blue Ribbon
    6. Beast Ice
    7. Beast
    8. Budweiser
    9. Genny
    10. Natty Light

This study stated if you drink cheap beer you have a greater chance of contacting an STD
    http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/teens/a/aa000429.htm

Who knew ?? :doh:

• Contacting an STD? Wonder which towns they live in. More importantly, do they contribute to the gamey smell of the marsh on a hot, humid day I wonder. Do they have children, aunts, uncles? What are their favorite sports teams? And even more importantly, how many hummers do they own? I hope one day I can contact an STD and find some answers to these demanding questions. HA!

• Would one not need to have contact with an infected person before contracting an STD

The cheap beer increases the likelihood of contact.

So my statement still makes a point.

Moral of the story..... use protection

• or just drink expensive beer?

• You can buy a keg of PBR still at State Line... sometimes. That and Bud, so nice!

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• Moral of the story..... use protection

If that's the case (pun), I'm sticking to Coronas...easier to get the condom over the top of a bottle. The can's pull-tab keeps breaking my rubbers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!