Holiday WrenchFest with All The Trimmings (With Pics)

• I continued my lift install over the long holiday weekend.

I got all the control arm bolts snugged up, I got the shock BPE's from JKS installed. And I got the JKS disconnects installed. And the extended rear swaybar links from Terra also. I gor the trackbars loosely installed but still need to center the axles.

Here's a pic of the rear setup:

Here's how the Jeep sits now:

Today I did the SYE. It really wasn't too bad, I took my time and made sure I didn't forget anything.

Here's a few pics along the way:

I also changed the tranny fluid while I had the skid and crossmember down and installed a new speedo gear I've had for over a year.

I still need to change the pinion seal in my D44 so I didn't install the rear drive shaft yet, but here it is:

I always like to point out useful tools, and here's one. I bought it for around $40 on ebay a while back and it saved me quite a lot of aggravation a couple of times during this project.

All that's left now is the pinion seal and getting the UCA's and trackbars adjusted properly. :smile:

• sheesh keith,
    next time why don't you try harder and actually get something accomplished! (j/k). sounds like a very productive day. hope you get that seal swapped out soon so you can put in the new shaft...that should quiet down the drivetrain some then.
    chris

• Quote from "quadna71"

sheesh keith,
    next time why don't you try harder and actually get something accomplished! (j/k). sounds like a very productive day.

I tend to take a lot of coffee breaks. :spinrhead:

I did paint my quickly rusting DT shocks while I had them out.

hope you get that seal swapped out soon so you can put in the new shaft...that should quiet down the drivetrain some then.
    chris

I'll be busy tomorrow with other things , but I should get it done this week.

• I can't see them either! It may be my virus software though.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "Keith_C"

I posted them in the gallery as well.

Do you guys see red X's or just nothing ?

The pics show up fine on my junk. :up:

• its must be something about moxilla. i dont get all the heareds on the top of the page either.

works in ie, but i refuse to use ie.

• Man, and I thought MY rear drive shaft was short! It must be the CV joint.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I see the pics in IE as well, no problems.

Nice amount of work Keith, looking [size=18px]GOOD![/size] :up: :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!