Hardcore Trail Ride May 15th!

• Well, Since Aaron wasnt ready in time for the trail ride over the weekend we are making plans to go up this weekend and abuse/test our rigs. We will be needing at least a third if anyone is interested. We plan on doing trails like M and Q!.. (Joe I know you want to prove you make it over that one obstacle without any fender damage :yevil: ) If anyone is interested let us know. Hopefully we can have another dry weekend in a row.

Don

• I am pretty sure this is going to be a Sat. event. Sorry Joe. I think I am going to need Sun to finish up on some of the Neuroc requirements.

• I might try to come along for this ride. Are you meeting up at the Wawa or just heading straight out?

My rear diff is leaking (damage from last Saturday), but I'll top it off and bring some gear oil with me. The replacement diff cover won't arrive until next week anyway. May as well break something else too so I can repair them all at the same time.

:shrug:

• Andrew, take a hammer to the bottom lip. You probably peeled the cover back a bit. You might want to just pull the cover and bang the lip flat on the garage floor. Then use some RTV to seal it up again.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i dont think i am going to make this one. as much as i want to go, i have to much to do to finish Dave's house.

This way i will be good to go for the next weekend.

• So far it is deffinately me, Don and you. I am picking up a friend, who is just riding, in Norristown, but that will only take 5 minutes because he will be at the Home Depot right off the exit. I don't know yet if Joe L. is able to make it.

Andrew, it looks ike Chris, bmf, is not going so there should be shotgun room if you want it. I should have enough room in the truck.

I guess we can still meet at the Wawa so we can get supplies for the day. I want to get up there by 8:30 at the latest so we should leave the Wawa at 6 am sharp.

• Quote from "astape"

So far it is deffinately me, Don and you. I am picking up a friend, who is just riding, in Norristown, but that will only take 5 minutes because he will be at the Home Depot right off the exit. I don't know yet if Joe L. is able to make it.

Andrew, it looks ike Chris, bmf, is not going so there should be shotgun room if you want it. I should have enough room in the truck.

I guess we can still meet at the Wawa so we can get supplies for the day. I want to get up there by 8:30 at the latest so we should leave the Wawa at 6 am sharp.

I'll come up with BlueJ. If Joe can do the trails, so can I. I think. If not, I'll help spot for the day. I'll meet you at the Wawa in time for the 6:00 departure. Promise you won't leave me in the dust on the uphills :updown: ...

"...and who invited Sean?" :laughing:

• I won't leave you behind. I am curious to see how the new trailer pulls fully loaded.

BTW, I invited Sean, sorry :).

• Quote from "JohnBrereton"

Andrew, take a hammer to the bottom lip. You probably peeled the cover back a bit. You might want to just pull the cover and bang the lip flat on the garage floor. Then use some RTV to seal it up again.

Well, I took a hammer to it and... nothing. The diff skid peeled back about 1/4 inch, taking the cover with it. I tried to put a longer bolt in, but it feels like the threads may be stripped.

I tightened the other bolts and topped off with gear oil, and I'll bring some along with me too. It should hold OK for Saturday.

I ordered a Crane diff cover from Q'tec. It's very strong, with tapered lip and recessed boltheads. I'm dumping the diff guard, it should be stronger without it. If I have it by next weekend, I may try to do the operation Sunday (5/23). (Brian, any chance I can get to use a Price lift that day? :suspicious: ).

• We'll, it looks like I'm out for tomorrow's ride. Dang it! I'll be up in CT today for work and have too much other stuff going on Sat.

I guess if I don't wheel it, I won't break it! :doh:

Next ride for sure!

Joe

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!