What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Finally got around to installing Hawk LTS brake pads and power slot rotors. WOW, what a huge difference in braking power.

did you do rears too?

• yo pat u hit me up like a week ago. i called u back but no answer. whats up?

i cleaned the jeep up a bit and redid the lighting for the roof lights over the weekend.

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• Plugged my distributor back in so it would start.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• put back on the two flares that came off last month at RC

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• just installed rockford fosgate speakers in my Yukon (it's my tow vehicle, so i think its mention is allowed here)

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• started packing stuff for wheeling!

brought the trailer home

~ JD

• offloaded it from the trailer. i am too damn sick to do anything else. i wouldn't even have done that if it wasn't absolutely necessary for rebecca to have the Yukon to drive to work.

~ JD

• Put on a new door seal on the drivers door. Anybody else done this? I hope this thing compresses over time, because as of right now, it's a pain in the ass to get the door shut.

• Put on a new door seal on the drivers door. Anybody else done this? I hope this thing compresses over time, because as of right now, it's a pain in the ass to get the door shut.

NEW door seal!? :spinrhead: :spinrhead: :spinrhead: I need one so bad, rain = 1 inch of water at my feet! where did you find that?

• pulled the front driveshaft, then put the tools away and cleaned up all my stuff, then test drove the jeep, then realized that the problem wasn't the front driveshaft, then got all my tools out and reinstalled the front driveshaft and pulled the rear drivshaft (didn't put the tools away this time), then test drove the jeep, then realized that the problem wasn't the rear driveshaft either, then reinstalled the rear driveshaft, then put the tools away and cleaned up all my stuff, then set the jeep and garage on fire.

:anger:

(ok, not that last part... yet.)

~ JD

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• NEW door seal!? :spinrhead: :spinrhead: :spinrhead: I need one so bad, rain = 1 inch of water at my feet! where did you find that?

http://www.quadratec.com/showc…op_weatherstripping_seal/ You can get them from dealerships, too.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Replaced all the tie rod ends and the drag link (fortunately had an acceptable used drag link in my pile-o-parts). ;D Installed new axle u-joints and repacked my front bearings but while I had it apart I found I needed new wheel bearings. ::) Bought 3 and put one on order. Picked the ordered one up the next day. While in 2wd I had a little fun on some ice at the bottom of the drive way and when the wheels grabbed dry ground I heard the unmistakable sound of a locking hub going BANG. :bang:

Pulled it into the garage and during the disassembly I found that not only was the hub housing broke but the axle was twisted in two as well! :bang: :bang: Fortunately I had a spare shaft in my pile-o-parts. ;D I also had some Wagoneer internally splined locking hubs. :hmm: Knowing they were only 19 spline and not the spline count I needed, I thought I could scavenge parts from them to make it work. Since both were Warn internally splined hubs I figured there was a good chance. I could and I did. :tup: :tup: It seems to work but I can't get it to unlock for some reason. ???

No biggy since they're locked in most of the time anyway. It will get me by. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• http://cgi.ebay.com/Metro-Mold…6785&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metro-Mold…9813&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

Had to clip off some of the door pins, the door had about 6 or 7 clip points, the seal had about 12-14 clips. That nice warm day yesterday helped soften it so the door actually shuts now. Suggest using some 3m tape or glue with the seal.

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Edited once, last by Deebo ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!