What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Yea, that sounds like warranty to me too.

You should be fine. A little bouncy, but fine. I had 4 blown shocks on my jeep for over a year.
    :spinrhead:

• Worked on the XJ this morning - changed the swaybar bushings, engine oil, finished running the antenna coax, then wired in and tuned the CB. I put in one of the boxes for the 75WXst under the passenger seat. I didn't want a full-size radio taking up space and now I can just move the handset controller from my TJ to the XJ whenever I need a CB. After tuning it I have 1.2 on channel 1 and 1.7 on channel 40 - works for me. Diff fluid and driveshaft u-joints are tomorrow afternoon's project. I hate working in the heat!!!

Can you tell which one is the new bushing and which is the original? ;D
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=34842[/img]

• It's been cleaned up and is hanging safely in the ceiling of the shed. Seems like I bought it for no reason now that I'm taking the XJ to Minnesota instead of the TJ. Want to buy a hardtop? :innocent:

(The bushings were on the XJ we bought about 1500 miles ago. It has 101K on it so I figure they were factory. These days it seems like all I do is replace parts to keep our Jeeps riding like new!)

• Poly performance customer service is awesome. Just got off the phone with them and I'll have 2 new shocks before tata's can't ask for anything more then that.

Ive had the opposite experience with poly perf on more than one occasion. Glad yours worked out!

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Ive had the opposite experience with poly perf on more than one occasion. Glad yours worked out!

Maybe you should post up on jk-forum about it....LOL (those with jk's will get that one)

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Buttoned up the last of the cut out frame areas last night. Now just need to do some finish welding to dress it up a bit, and address some other things while the tub is off.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I spent the morning coming up with a safe way to mount my iPad in the XJ. I'm taking a road trip next week and want to be able to have the iPad secure the whole time since I use it for my GPS, radar detector, music, and plan to log the waypoints as well.

First off, I started with a 4' piece of 3/16" steel. Seems a little overkill for a bracket, but I didn't want any swaying once the bracket was extended with the iPad in place. I made it a two-piece mount with the first section semi-permanent and the second one very easily removed when I don't need to use the iPad (such as while I'm at my destination). Once it was all coated with Hammerite I put a Ram mount on the top for holding the iPad. I have used them before in other vehicles and for a GPS on my last motorcycle and was extremely pleased with how little vibration was transmitted through the mount.

Here's a shot of the semi-permanent section of the mount. It only utilizes the two seat bolts and can be removed with only a 15mm socket. It stays in place and is designed to be very flush to the shape of the Jeep. I have four stainless bolts mounted to the end with Loctite and lock washers - they will act as mounting studs for the second piece.
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=34854[/img]

Next is the second removable piece of the mount. It slides over the studs and is held in place with stainless acorn nuts. I used them so it wouldn't snag the ankle of any passenger if they were riding with the bracket in place. It's shaped in such a way that you can get about 5" of travel in the seat, shift the transmission easily, and still access the spare change holder in the center console. It has the Ram mount at the top and uses acorn nuts as well to just keep it all looking like there was some sort of plan to the whole thing. Disregard the extra two holes...they were part of an earlier design that was scrapped somewhere around my second beer.
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=34857[/img]

Here's a close-up of the Ram mount on the top of the whole bracket. It keeps the iPad very rigid but with just a twist of the knob I can rotate the screen from portrait to landscape. They make a billion different mounts for all sorts of electronics.
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=34860[/img]

The finished product. Easy to reach while I'm driving but still out of my line of sight while looking out the windshield.
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=34863[/img]

I think a combination of having too much time on my hands after retiring and a little bit of OCD is always a good thing :)

• Where did you find that one?
    I guess finding it used allowed you to get the limo version
    Very nice!!!

Did you trade the subi in?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!