What have you done to your Jeep today?

• I removed my front sway bar
    Removed my rear sway bar [Had to get the cutting wheel out due to a rock rashed bolt]
    Removed my Clayton Engine and T-Case skid
    Bungie Tied my Lockers up

Tomorrow I need to remove the front driveshaft, take for a test drive to verify that was indeed the noise coming from the front end and then re-install a Tom Woods D.S. as the one I have now just is not up to par for off roading. It was a quick fix, hence the reason why I had a brand new TS one waiting in a box.

With the sway bars both removed, I am going to do some tuning to my ORI's. Those sway bars really seemed to hamper the ORI's from doing what they do and it turned out the front one was pretty seized up.

Other task is to do a bunch of painting under the jeep to prevent the rock rash from turning into rust.

• I drilled my pitman arm and installed the new heim to the pitman with the 5/8 bolt. Definiatly tightened things up. Also did alignment and adjusted my toe in 1/8 to see how it feels. So far so good.
    Well it looks like DW has come back to visit me. I know that toeing in makes it more likely to do this so Im going to adjust it back to where it was 1/16 out for now but obviously something is still not right. Im wondering if my drag link having less of an angle than my track bar could cause issues, I ussually hear about issues when the angles are off the opposite way but I know equal is best. Im thinking a stock pitman arm would line things up even so Im going to try that next. Sad part is that aside from the dw I got when I hit a bump at about 45, it drove awesome on the highway. Nice and smooth, no wander and tight steering.

• Fixed my idiot lights and got them working. Maybe one day I'll get around to wiring up the 4wd indicator. Also changed out the brake light switch. Didn't know quite how inflexible I was until ya try and twist yourself under the dash while standing outside the Jeep. I also got the housings done for both my aux driving lights and the spots. Not quite sure if I'm finished with the spots though. I'd like a darker gun metal gray but I make just pepper them with some black. What do y'all think?

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Got Rubicon express to replace my flattened rear springs... so now I will have a bit of a hybrid, since RE will only replace the rears, and with 4.5", fronts are 2.5" but I think its going to be ok. Since the front has extra 1.5" due to the outboard hanger brackets, and with the Scrambler having extra rear overhang, I think it will be close to level. Rear will likely be sitting a little high until the springs settle.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Got Rubicon express to replace my flattened rear springs... so now I will have a bit of a hybrid, since RE will only replace the rears, and with 4.5", fronts are 2.5" but I think its going to be ok. Since the front has extra 1.5" due to the outboard hanger brackets, and with the Scrambler having extra rear overhang, I think it will be close to level. Rear will likely be sitting a little high until the springs settle.

Going for the rat rod CJ look?? :laughing:

• Going for the rat rod CJ look?? :laughing:

I tried but they would not replace the fronts... they offered me a standard 2.5" spring pack, even he said that under a Scrambler with 35s they would not last well. I think it will be ok, there are many ways to tweek a ride.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I tried but they would not replace the fronts... they offered me a standard 2.5" spring pack, even he said that under a Scrambler with 35s they would not last well. I think it will be ok, there are many ways to tweek a ride.

You might actually have to spend some money to replace you old worn out parts. :innocent:

• ordering supertop NX now. Also ordered a 13 short rubber antenna. Getting windows tinted today at 3 PM also

I loved my Supertop when I had it. Nice, quick conversion to the topless Jeep... oh yeah! Tinted windows? Hmm... what are you having tinted, the hardtop ones? J/C...

1989 Wrangler (Islander package) [_]IIIII[_]
    SOA lift (I don't remember the specifics, sorry!)
    33x12.50"/15 BFG tires (I had these), OBA, CB
    Black American Racing AR767 wheels

• Mounted the aux driving lights now I just need to wire them in. Also replaced the front axle breather line. Painted my othe jerry can after repairing the puncture. Trying to get everything ready for the members ride. It's like the list of things never gets smaller!!

• I loved my Supertop when I had it. Nice, quick conversion to the topless Jeep... oh yeah! Tinted windows? Hmm... what are you having tinted, the hardtop ones? J/C...

Had the driver and passenger door windows tinted to 15% to match the new soft top that is in the mail. Accurate window tint in Dover did them. And yes I went and got a tint waver from eye doctor-lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!