Save my Cherokee

• My jeep cherokee is siting towards one side in mud.Willing to pay cash to anyone that can provide a tow-out about 20 feet.Access is very good to my jeep however a smaller 4x4 Jeep,Ranger ect. will be needed as there is a small drop off .Call my cell anytime at 302 981-7028.please leave message if i do not answer and ill get back to you as soon as possible.

• I can tell you it isn't in a LEGAL spot probably. :doh:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• there are plenty of good folks in this club who would be more than willing to do it for free. some of us look at this kind of thing as fun.

however, if your jeep is stuck in an illegal place, finding help won't be so easy. most of us are quite conscientious about the legality of offroading locations and about the negative ramifications to the reputation of the sport.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• there are plenty of good folks in this club who would be more than willing to do it for free. some of us look at this kind of thing as fun.
    however, if your jeep is stuck in an illegal place, finding help won't be so easy. most of us are quite conscientious about the legality of offroading locations and about the negative ramifications to the reputation of the sport.

X2. To be blunt, if it is in fact in an illegal" area, few if any people around here are going to condone something stupid that makes us all look bad. If it is not the case that this is an illegal area then sorry for my wrong assumption.

My suggestion, as was made on another thread, is to get a tow truck. I know based on personal experience most tow trucks have winches capable of reaching out at least 100 ft and could easily pull a Jeep out of the mud.

• ...and if you are in an illegal area, we'd be just as illegal in trying to get you out, right? I'm nearby and have a tow strap, but don't want the ticket or bad club exposure should we BOTH get caught.

• Illegal or not, a jeep in need of rescue, I'll rescue. I'll give you a call when I'm out of class at 2PM if you aren't pullled by then I'll come grab you. Although you aren't an H2, and that is what I like to recover ;D

• Illegal or not, a jeep in need of rescue, I'll rescue.

It is just the principle behind the subject not the actual act. But good luck. Please remove the DEJA stickers before entering if it is an illegal spot.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• From the pictures he posted before and showing from location, I suspect off Rt. 9. Back at the "Dustbowl" where I used to ride ATV's when I was a kid...

&quot;Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.&quot;

• ok, so did he get out??!!! :shrug:

yeah I just got home and he is now out.... and yeah it may or maynot be a leagal to be there or not, but someone needed help, and it happen to be a fellow jeeper....... isn't that what the whole jeep thing is about to stick together and to help each other in the time of need?!?! or has the rest of the snooty world finaly came down on top of the jeep and now no one cares.... hell when I see a jeep on the side of the road broke, I stop and see if I can help.... I hope this actualy makes some people realize how wrong they are to turn there back... he made a bad decition.. we have alll made bad decitions I know I have..... mike

• yeah I just got home and he is now out.... and yeah it may or maynot be a leagal to be there or not, but someone needed help, and it happen to be a fellow jeeper....... isn't that what the whole jeep thing is about to stick together and to help each other in the time of need?!?! or has the rest of the snooty world finaly came down on top of the jeep and now no one cares.... hell when I see a jeep on the side of the road broke, I stop and see if I can help.... I hope this actualy makes some people realize how wrong they are to turn there back... he made a bad decition.. we have alll made bad decitions I know I have..... mike

Yeah that's all fine and dandy, and I stop on the side of the road every Jeep I see and most other vehicles too. But a Jeep with DEJA stickers all over goes back there whether it is to help or not is perceived to be wheeling illegally. Perception is everything. I and most other people here don't want to taint the name of this good club.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• and yes i have been stuck in not the best places before and I have learned my lesson. However I ever called on this club to come get me out.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Mike,I would like to THANK YOU as well as the others that PMned me.You earned my respect coming down from Pa. to help a brother out.There were several people on this site that offerd there assistance and without listing names,I have gained some respect to you all as well.Mike,For the brief period we spent together you tought me quit a bit about 4 wheelin.Yes i made a very bad desision however i have learned from my mistake as there aint nothing like seeing your livelyhood sit in an area that vandals could take away.Thanks DEJA members and guest for all you did.

• [quote
    Yeah that's all fine and dandy, and I stop on the side of the road every Jeep I see and most other vehicles too. But a Jeep with DEJA stickers all over goes back there whether it is to help or not is perceived to be wheeling illegally. Perception is everything. I and most other people here don't want to taint the name of this good club.
    [/quote]

yeah and thats still not helpping... I carry Jd stickers on my jeep.. I don't want anyone to think that I'm an unrulely off-roader... so that why I go out of my way to help... perception is in the eye of the beholder.. but I guess thats still be Blatant Disregard Offroad.....

• Dam,I hope this situation isnt gonna leave a red check on my membership application.Only 14 post and i feel like an outlaw jeepster :driving:

• Dam,I hope this situation isnt gonna leave a red check on my membership application.Only 14 post and i feel like an outlaw jeepster :driving:

i don't think so. as someone stated above, you made a mistake. we all have. i'm sure that you've learned a great deal from this experience and from reading the responses on this thread.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!