January 24th Deja Trail Run Rausch Creek

• Wayne, check trail conditions, i wheeled 2 wks ago and their was treacherous ice. wasnt much fun.

bah... done the treacherous ice thing. i look at it like an obstacle that can't be enjoyed any other time of year. :spinrhead:

last february, trail J was scary as hell. :suspicious:
    and anyone remember paragon's 'last day'? woo-hoo!

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• You mean when Alex lost bead pressure and was stuck for a couple hours.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• You mean when Alex lost bead pressure and was stuck for a couple hours.

no, but i sure remember that catastrophe. :doh: knowing what we do now, we would have done that recovery very much different. that was late february 07 during PAP's 'repreive'.

i was talking about a few weeks earlier on their monthly open ride when PAP announced it would be their last day. turtle was ice-covered, and going down was treacherous. it was as though turtle changed from a green to a black. :o

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• Wayne, check trail conditions, i wheeled 2 wks ago and their was treacherous ice. wasnt much fun.

Hey Bill thanks for the heads up,I'm not a big fan of the snow and ice either!But i have to go and see what i can do in any condition.We have to get out when weather gets a little better,i'm going to do a couple of upgrades maybe i can keep up with your awesome Bronco.

See Ya Wayne

• i look at it like an obstacle that can't be enjoyed any other time of year. :spinrhead:

that being said, i'd like to know if the trails are treacherous and/or impassable. i've heard stories of jeeps sliding backwards out-of-control and slamming into trees. this is NOT my idea of fun. i loathe body damage.

if anyone is reading reports on trail conditions, how about posting some links here? i've been looking around a bit, but we should have as much info as possible so as to know what to expect.

~ JD

• if anyone is reading reports on trail conditions, how about posting some links here? i've been looking around a bit, but we should have as much info as possible so as to know what to expect.

ok, i'll start: http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,4086.0.html

~ JD

• Weather here:

(As of posting) 40 degrees on Friday and 29 on Saturday. It sounds like the snow will melt just enough to freeze into a sheet of ice on Saturday. :shrug:
    I am still game but the last time this happened, I had to strap J-Mans pickup out of the parking lot and we were forced onto some flat, easy trails. Not my idea of a fun challenge. As said, snow is cool but ice sucks.

• It sounds like the snow will melt just enough to freeze into a sheet of ice on Saturday. :shrug:

exactly what i've been thinking, watching the forecast for that area on accuweather.com:
    http://www.accuweather.com/us/…veler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0

... we were forced onto some flat, easy trails. Not my idea of a fun challenge. As said, snow is cool but ice sucks.

all kidding aside, i agree. ice sucks.

~ JD

• I'll see you all at the park.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• i think i'll have one or two friends from another club coming along. nicely built jeeps, experienced drivers, fine with blues & blacks.

wayne - i'm sure you remember nick with the sweet WJ? i think he went bigger and is on 35s now. :suspicious:

~ JD

• Checked out the old YJ and I'm ready to roll at 4:30.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• i think i'll have one or two friends from another club coming along. nicely built jeeps, experienced drivers, fine with blues & blacks.

wayne - i'm sure you remember nick with the sweet WJ? i think he went bigger and is on 35s now. :suspicious:

Looks like good group hope ice is not to bad?bring it on :suspicious: see ya at park!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!