Restaurant Reviews- Anything near the beach?

• Just trying to find a good spot after a day at the beach near Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey. I have a couple that I like so far but want some opinions.

Seafood, alcohol, and kid friendly preferred but I am open to ideas.
    TIA

• Bethany Blues just opened north of Midway .
    Haven't been there yet tho .

Im a fan of Outback .

In The Village of Five Points is the Green Turtle .
    Decent food . Kid friendly it seems . (havent had mine there yet ) and lots of beer ;D

• Lighthouse restaurant in Lewes right across the drawbridge. Right on the canal.

They have a deck, you can watch the headboats come in.

Food is good.

There used to be an Irish Eyes at the end of that street but I think it burned down and they built another restaurant there. Haven't been down that way in a while.

The Lighthouse has breakfast too if you want something on the water.

• Big Fish Grill has great seafood, alcohol, and is kid friendly. Easy to get to, its right on Rte. 1.

They do that thing where kids get to crayon the paper tablecloth. Theres' also Wahoo, but they arent as nice as Big Fish imo.

• x2 on big fish grill bill. This will be my 4th summer working there, and in the most unbiased way, the food is incredible, its fast, and its a such a family environment. I think theyve been best seafood at the beach for the last 9 years in the Delaware Today awards..

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Dos Locos downtown Rehobeth has great Mexican Seafood .

Love that place. They have the "hot stone" that you cook your own food on right? It wasn't the greatest idea with a couple kids around but it was awesome.

Big Fish Grill huh? I'll definitely have to give it a try.

if you want something on the water.

That's a big plus for me.

• My cup of tea. My wife and I have been trying to hit up at least a different restaurant each week in Rehoboth and we've found the winner is:

Pig and Fish.

Great food, simple food, but done correctly. Really great place. It's on Rehoboth Blvd, close to the Summer House. They just opened up a new place on Rte. 1 that we haven't been able to get to yet, but I understand all the entrees are under $15 or something. It's called the Pickled Pig I believe. It's right next to Atlantic books and the berkenstock outlet.

• I second Bethany Blues. We stay in Fenwick Island every year and that's the ONLY restaurant that we consistently hit every year. I know of a bunch of good ones in OC too but if your heading home after a day on the beach you won't be near them.

Big Fish is good food but a little pricey and in my opinion you sit too close to the people around you. Although I do like there seaweed salad.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I really like Mangos in Bethany, 2nd floor above the boardwalk, real caribbean flair. The kids like it when we sit by the windows or outside on the deck and they can see the ocean.

Moe's is good for tacos & stuff - great for lunch or quick meal. It's next to TGI Fridays just past the Outlets.

Arena's has good food, it's in an Alley Strip in Rehoboth near the FireHouse.

• Dogfish Head Pub on Rehoboth Ave. Good beer, good food, and live music on the weekends.

Ive had 2 bad experiences with this place, took 45 min for appetizers to come out..and they had excuses for it all.. bill was messed up, but hey the beer was good :up:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I highly rec. bethany blues and big fish grill....the two best at the beach in my opinion

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Billy , pack the cooler full of beer, shrimp ,lobster ,crab and call it a day ....
    Kid friendly and mother approved ;D

A bunch of us did shrimp and chicken kabobs last year .
    Man that was good eating!

PS don't forget the old bay

• Billy , pack the cooler full of beer, shrimp ,lobster ,crab and call it a day ....
    Kid friendly and mother approved ;D

Two coolers, big one for beer and a little one for food.
    Thats the plan for lunch tomorrow. I'm covered so I already called out sick. :innocent:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!