gears have arthritis....

• My '09 JK's 6spd is popping really bad out of 2nd and 3rd gear. When it pops out, it makes an awful grinding sound when it does... I'm putting it completely in gear... along with still NO e-brake. suggestions??

• My '09 JK's 6spd is popping really bad out of 2nd and 3rd gear. When it pops out, it makes an awful grinding sound when it does... I'm putting it completely in gear... along with still NO e-brake. suggestions??

Could be a tranny problem, or could be related to the lift.

Maybe one of the JK guys will chime in.

• an '09? wouldn't this kind of thing be covered under warranty?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• nah i don't think that would void the warranty (which, yes i have)... i have all intentions on gettin that bad boy detailed before i take it to the shop =)

• its a known problem with the jk, you can find alot of info about it on the jk project forum. Mine has done it a few times(08 rubi) but not enough that ive bothered with it. Im about to take mine in because the soft top leaks on the driver side, i havent had a jeep top leak this much since I used to drive my friends cj7

• strange how all the mud players up at RC are posting up with problems ;D ;D. I like rox.

x2, im changing my game, i have had enough mud to last a while.

My '09 JK's 6spd is popping really bad out of 2nd and 3rd gear. When it pops out, it makes an awful grinding sound when it does... I'm putting it completely in gear... along with still NO e-brake. suggestions??

Sounds like faulty syncros. or did you do a t-case drop? does it pop out when you hit a bump? Keep in mind im my knowledge is TJ based...I found that i got a little more throw, and popped out of gear less when i took off the foam sleeve on the shifter below the outer most shift boot. Just a thought. :shrug:

• Once mud get up into the clutch all bets are off. I've seen first hand a Dodge that went into a deep mud whole helped destroy the nv4500.

The clutch won't completely disengage or engage (sometimes both) because mud gets packed inside it. At that point syncros are the first to go.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• nah i don't think that would void the warranty (which, yes i have)... i have all intentions on gettin that bad boy detailed before i take it to the shop =)

Um, I wouldn't stick with that line of reasoning. Unless you can "detail" the clutch internals, good luck with that... :innocent: As was said, once you push that clutch pedal down in the middle of a muddy mess, you are pretty much done...

• is there neway i can get in there and clean it up myself?? i assume if i do, there will be lots of pieces... ?

• i agree but they are talking about mud in the trans.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• I can definitely say the clutch was ABused in the mud.. and i wish i would've known all that before i did it.. now that i'm thinking about how much stuff i did in the mud, I REALLY wish i wouldve known that then... heh

so, basically i don't know what I'm doing... i'm a little afraid to have shaun (hubs) look @ it b/c he's never really worked on jeeps, and on top of that i really don't want to void my warranty any more than i have (if i have?). should i just take it in to a dealership or do you know anyone trustworthy i might consult?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!