• where do i get a tag for my jeep to be on the beach? im new to surf fishing

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• I always get mine from Eastern Marine. You'll need to bring in the registration paperwork fir the vehicle you're getting the tag for.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Is there a place where I get a little surf fishing 101? I have a tag, but have never been fishing at all (grew up in NY) and have no idea what stuff we need.
    Sorry for the hijack.

Here are the legal requirements:

Permit Regulations

* Permit-holder must be actively engaged in surf fishing when the vehicle is out on the beach. Appropriate fishing gear must be present - bait, tackle, pole.
    * For the safety of the fishermen, vehicles must carry a low-pressure tire gauge, a tow rope/chain, a board, jack, and shovel.
    * Permit regulations are strictly enforced. Violations may result in a fine of $25 to $250 for a first offense and $50 to $500 for a second offense.
    * Swimming in unguarded areas is unsafe. Lifeguards are available at designated swimming beaches from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. For your safety, please swim at these locations.
    * Please be courteous to other beach-users.
    * The Carry In - Carry Out Trash-Free Park program is in effect in all surf fishing areas. Help us keep your parks clean and beautiful by carrying out the trash you carry in.
    * Dispose of nylon fishing line properly. Loose, discarded line entangles wildlife and beach cleaning equipment.
    * Dogs are allowed in most surf fishing vehicle areas but must be under control and kept on a leash not to exceed six feet in length. This policy is strictly enforced. Violations are subject to fines.
    * People, pets, and vehicles are not to enter designated bird nesting areas. Disturbance of these areas may prevent successful nesting or fledging of threatened shorebirds.
    * People, pets, and vehicles are to keep off of dunes. Foot or vehicular traffic quickly kills the fragile dune grasses which stabilize the dunes. Cross only at designated pedestrian or vehicular crossings.

As far as fishing equipment, a rod some 4-8oz weights and a surf rig or top and bottom rig, some bait and you can get started.

Hope that helps.

Watch the fishing thread and you can probably "hook up" with someone that can help you out.

• I just got back to DE from being stationed in Germany for four years. Got a 1998 Cherokee and I was wondering this same thing... while checking the Dover State Parks site found out I can go to DAFB outdoor rec to get the liscence... Guess I know what I will be doing this coming week... Can't wait to get my surf fishing rods from shipment and go again, this time I won't be walking to the surf.

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• the online service keeps telling me my session has timed out

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• i was in firefox that might have been my problem i am trying to do it in IE now

i have a fishing license do i need any other permits for surf?

• yeah but it is written on my trout stamp but i checked everything on the questionnaire

• sweet now i just need a rig and i will see you guys on the beech.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!