DEJA's 8th Annual Surf Fishing Tourney

• We need to nail the date down for this.

It has traditionally always been held on the weekend of or the weekend closest to the 4th of July.

This year the 4th falls on Saturday, so that would be the logical choice,

I really don't see any reason to deviate from that as it has always worked out fine, fishing until evening then up to CHSP to watch fireworks.

We will open this up for discussion, but I really see no good reason not to hold it as we always have.

• X2...

• I just know that a lot of people have plans on 4th of July that don't include dealing with beach traffic and tourons.

I don't remember the tourney actually falling on the 4th in the last few years.

Whether the day of the Tourney is the 4th or not I really don't see the significance.

It has always been held on the weekend closest to the holiday which becomes 4th of July weekend, that's when everyone comes.

And in reality, any weekend between Memorial Day and Labor Day will include tourons and traffic.

This weekend works for me and is traditional.

If someone else wants to take over and organize it that's fine with me.

But don't volunteer unless you plan to see it through and show up that day.

• Great!! We'll be there. I like the timing, we'd be coming down anyway in the late afternoon to visit family, so this makes a day of it and saves us some driving.

• We're in. Staying at Dina's dad's place in Pot-Nets for the tourney, then leaving from the beach, heading to Bush Gardens and/or Kings Dominion the next week.

• That'd be a good time for a clean up, maybe a little cooler, and definitely better fishing for more incentive to go to the beach. What am I saying, more incentive to go to the beach? That's like needing more incentive to have a beer...I'll be back in a minute.

• Although we catch more sharks than fish, we catch more beers than sharks.
    DrJ's makes more sense. :innocent:

As of now, we'll be down for it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!