Best Web Browser?

• Due to A.D.D., I am constantly switching browser's and even using several at a time. (EX: Explorer for work, Firefox for play...)

Right now, my favorite is Google's browser, Chrome (yeah, yeah...no irony there. :laughing:)
    It seems to start and load faster than anything out there and it's become much more stable since the first release so it's slowly been my browser of choice.

What's everyone using and why?

• pretty much exactly what you just said, LOL:

Due to A.D.D., I am constantly switching browser's and even using several at a time. (EX: Explorer for work, Firefox for play...)

i'm composing this post in FF right now (and a few other jeep forums open in other tabs) and IE is open with some other stuff...

i tried chrome for a bit and it didn't grab me, but maybe i'll give it another try...

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Right now, my favorite is Google's browser, Chrome (yeah, yeah...no irony there. :laughing:)

now THAT's funny. hmmm, looking at it that way, maybe i shouldn't try the chrome browser: given my anti-jeep-chrome predilections, the chrome browser might compel me to rattle-can my laptop screen flat black...

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Chrome hasn't broken my addiction to Firefox, the customizations/plugins for FF let me set it up exactly how I want and Chrome just doesn't have that level of community development (yet). IE is dead to me. :) I run IE tab for the few websites that don't render properly in Firefox. Opera has a very loyal following but it just never did it for me. Never could put my finger on why though.

• I'm on FF and Chrome both. I like FF better but Chrome is good too. I haven't used IE in a few years now.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I used to be a huge Opera fan but switched to Firefox for a few months and then to Chrome. I don't use plugins so that's not a big loss for me. But the extra speed is nice, and if a tab crashes the other tabs usually keep running.

I haven't used IE in 3 years except for the occasional site that uses nonstandard coding.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I haven't used IE in 3 years except for the occasional site that uses nonstandard coding.

Check out IE Tab: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

It runs IE within a firefox tab so you don't actually have to launch it. You can switch the rendering engine on the fly for sites that are open if they don't render properly as well as set preferences for particular sites so they always start in an IE tab.

• and sometimes still use safari (mac)

Do you use Apple's Safari on a PC or a Mac? I've tried the PC version a couple of times and it was very unstable and didn't seem compatible with a lot of sites. Maybe it just works better on a Mac.

• Do you use Apple's Safari on a PC or a Mac? I've tried the PC version a couple of times and it was very unstable and didn't seem compatible with a lot of sites. Maybe it just works better on a Mac.

I use safari on a MacBook. Never had a problem with stability, just prefer firefox since i have been using it for years, and it is easy to transfer bookmarks/ect from the mac to the PC (still use both sometimes)

• I use FF, Chrome and sometimes IE.. IE generally when something isn't working quite right or requires it.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!