!?*#/ rer view mirroe button won't stay

• I've applied 3 different buttons & as soon as I mount the mirror, they pill off. I've scraped, wiped & applied 1 drop to coating the buttons. They won't stay. Never had this problem before. Any advice?

• Are you doing it in the cold? I tried to install one a long time ago in the winter and the thing just wouldnt stick. Try heating the windshield up a bit, perhaps with the defrost or lightly with a heat gun. Lastly make sure both surfaces are scraped clean...

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I've been having problems, too... scraped everything clean, let cure for several days, etc. The last one held for about a week, until I tried remounting my radar detector to it. Before that, the button would fall off as soon as I slid the mirror arm onto it. Crazy since the original mirror held for 8 years. I'm gonna try super glue (or whatever brand) in a few days. I've been without a rearview mirror for about 3 months (except for that one week), but since I drive an ambulance all day, I'm used to using just the side mirrors. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Just got to a auto glass store. Like $5-$10 and it will hold.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• stop going to pep boys and find a better kit :shrug:

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• Just take it to a windshield replacement shop. The should install it for free. I just took my CJ to buy a button from them, they supplied the button and installed it for nothing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!