RC 11/21 Trail Report

• The weather was awsome 3 Jeeps myself as trail leader Sahara54and Ed (can't remember his user name) :shrug: Davisk and his wife with Tim in a lifted JK Rubi on 35s. First trail damage was me (busted off road lite)ran B ot 2 to pole line to E. Them off to J/J1. Then ran 20 to 10A checked out Rock Creek then off to H to E then 25 to S dropped off on the blue trail to the back side of Lake Christy this is where it got FUN!!! Made it through Christy no problem met up with a group from Md and the hill climbs were BAD. I took a shot at the left hill,no good then the right got 2/3rds up and that was it (break out the winch) while we were getting set up the YJ with the Md crew took a shot at the left hill BAD MOVE!!!!! He flopped it on it's side and I had the only winch in 8 trucks so after some hard winching I was on top and set up for the recovery. Hooked off a tree and got it upright,had to reset 2 times but got him to the top. The Rubi on 35s walked to the top 1st try and one XJ made it the others needed a tug from the 1st XJ. Cleaned up all the recovery gear and headed out on S past the Quarry back to E to B to 4/Yellow Jacket, then C to pole line(blue) back to B and called it a day. All told a very good day a few scrapes but no major damage. Hope some pics will follow from the other guys in the group. Can't wait to do it again!!!!

Formerly EMS 3420

Edited once, last by EMS 34 20 ().

• Fire54 is Ed's screen name. My new skid came in handy few times today. My only damage was when i scraped a cut off pole on Pole line that I didn't see and roughed up my LCA mounts. Christy was a blast, I hugged the left side and still had water over the edge of my hardtop on the pass. side.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

Edited once, last by Sahara54 ().

• I didn't get any pics Davisk's camera went for a swim ::)(at Lake Cristy) not sure if he can salvage any pics. I know Fire54 got a lot so I hope he or Sahara54 have some to post. I hope he got some from the recovery I think that was the most fun of the day( not for the guy who rolled) it was a textbook recovery I was very happy with my Harbor Freight winch ;D,wasn't fast but it did the job.

• I have them on my face book. Ill be adding more from the videos soon. All shaky pics blame fire54... :innocent:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.…id=591935693&l=0de21d7f47

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

• Sahara I don't think that one pic was Yellow Jacket it was the Blue sec of the Pole Line. I did Yellow Jacket with no problem.

Ahh I'll fix it. It got confused after loading the pics. Ed wasn't there to tell me where he snapped the shots :doh: my bad . All better now. :wavey:

• Only the first attempt. Here's the video -
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vNiosBeEUfE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vNiosBeEUfE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

• Only the first attempt. Here's the video -
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vNiosBeEUfE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vNiosBeEUfE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Can't open it :shrug:

• It worked for me but here is the link.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!