Theft Deterrent

• Does it disable the fuel injection? So the starter will still crank, correct?

EDIT: Never mind, read the ORO page and answered my own question. I'm pushing towards killing the starter.

• reed switches are $1.00 at radio shack... you can use any magnet with them as I use a magnetic light instead of the loose magnets to activate mine.... You can probably interupt one of the starter solenoid wires and put the relay in-line to disable the starter....but if you diasable the starter, then it is rather easy to figure out where the interuption is where as cutting the fuel can be more than a few things....

• One of the nice options my Sahara came with is the Sentry Key.

It's embedded in the PCM and darn near impossible for anyone except the best pro to defeat and seamless in operation.

It's embedded in the PCM and darn near impossible for anyone except the best pro to defeat and seamless in operation.

my sahara came with taht as well, debating on even installing the ORO peice, ive already got enuff fire hazard wiring in this thing

Is that the same as mine that cost $30.00 for a new key and another $60.00 for the dealer to program it??

• Is that the same as mine that cost $30.00 for a new key and another $60.00 for the dealer to program it??

Yeah, but the keys can be had on ebay for $10 and if you already have 2 keys you can program it yourself.

Grey key = SKIM, black key = regular.

• Yes I have the grey key when I bought my Jeep the Dealer I bought it from (not a Jeep dealer) only had the one key.
    Me not knowing that a key was going to cost me $100.00 told them not to worry about it.
    So I only had the one key when I found out how much it would cost I went back to the dealer I bought it from but they did not have the equipment to program one. So I ended up paying over $100.00 for a key.

• Yes I have the grey key when I bought my Jeep the Dealer I bought it from (not a Jeep dealer) only had the one key.
    Me not knowing that a key was going to cost me $100.00 told them not to worry about it.
    So I only had the one key when I found out how much it would cost I went back to the dealer I bought it from but they did not have the equipment to program one. So I ended up paying over $100.00 for a key.

Happens quite a bit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!