DeJA Trail Ride - Wheeling Saturday, March 20th - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

• Ed still has his top down in dover, which means no top for me. I have a set of soft doors im using on the way up but just buck up and bring a hoodie/jacket for the 6 am ride up. Im planning on leaving my soft doors with John, but he doesn't know that yet ;D. Heading over to the garage to replace sway bar link, install some mirrors, and maybe paint the roll cage. Loading up and getting ready

• Im planning on leaving my soft doors with John, but he doesn't know that yet ;D.

with john who? :shrug:

:razz:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• Speaking of doors, How do you disconnect the wire harness running to the door for the power windows? I'm having a :censored: of a time trying to reach up there and figure it out. Any insight would be helpful. When I bought it I really wanted the manual windows but I would of had to not get anything else.

Even the JK's without power locks have the harness. It's how the Jeep knows the door has been removed so it can adjust the interior light automatically instead of removing the fuse.

Those clips are a total pain in the ass the first time. :bang: It is much easier after you do it once.
    Slide the red clip to the side and pull downward (or upward, I forget) You may need to put a small screwdriver in there to push the tab down.

There is an access panel for the rear doors. Just do the same thing. I didn't re-attach the clip to the body so it would be easier the next time but you can if you want.

Good luck.

• Taking the doors off tommrow morning and windows out before I leave. Chilly ride , but not to long of a ride. See you guys tommorw. :up:

If I wanted a Hummer I would of asked you sister!<br /> <br />2006 Golden Eagle with not much Golden Eagle left. 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara stocker. Formiely DKGoldenEagle

• I know with the TJ when taking the doors off. That Qudratec as a switch that plugs into the fuse for the dome light. Very easy to install and when you take the doors off. You don't have to mess around just flip the switch and thats it. :up:

If I wanted a Hummer I would of asked you sister!<br /> <br />2006 Golden Eagle with not much Golden Eagle left. 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara stocker. Formiely DKGoldenEagle

• 95% in...the bumper is on. Jeep is half loaded w stuff. The 5% is just because there's a good chance I'm gonna oversleep and wake up at noon, I might need a wake-up call. :)

pm me your #. i'll wake your lazy ass up. :razz:

edit: nevermind. you'll need someone else to do it. you have a longer drive so you need to wake up earlier than me. :sshh:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• UPDATED:

altierior + a few guests
    DKGoldenEagle
    Anx1ous
    shorebird
    BigRed
    B
    Stafford + a few guests
    joshill
    Daddanelena
    Buster Stewart
    JKgray10

~ JD

• I live in Newark/Bear right off Rt 40 near Stewarts Bar. So if anyone is leaving tomorrow morning in that area I'll drive up with you.

Coming from Newark as well, usually go 7 to 41 to 10. Going to try to leave by <shudder> 6. Shoot me a PM, if you want to meet along the way.

I will pay the day's admission fee for whatever trail boss wants to make an executive decision for a 10AM start time. :) C'mon...daylight savings time...extra hour...lil extra sleep... :driving: :help: ;D

• If you have numbers of people call and find out what channel cb we are on and just meet us on an access road or something. That is, if we start on time.

• Still waiting for my relief at work...Soposed to be here 28 minutes ago..

it's cool, bud. just call me when you get to the park... ;)

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!