• Angry birds. Got it last night. Awesome time killer

Such an awesome game.

Without reading through ten pages has anyone succesfully found a hack to enable the WIFI hotspot w/out paying sprint? Im speaking of the EVO

Go here http://unrevoked.com/#evo and root your EVO. Then download the wireless tether for root app from the market and you are golden.

• I'm still running on 2.1. :laughing: Mainly because I am perfectly happy with the way my phone is set up right now. If I could figure out how to undo root, move to 2.2, and downgrade Google Maps/Navigation back to the version I have now I would probably be on Froyo. Oh well.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Very happy with 2.2 and the droid x. Had a little trouble with a password requirment because I had microsoft exchange email on it at the time. Apparently it demanded me to have a password and I was unable to change it. I ended up reseting the phone with factory settings and re-downloading the apps.

Download Lookout for an APP. It's a great app...and you can locate the phone via web page. Also on mylookout.com

• http://www.engadget.com/2010/1…ss-the-bow-of-dumbphones/

T-mo is launching a $10 Android phone. I'm sure the phone will be pretty craptacular but this is the kind of thing that's going to steal a crap load of market share from Apple and maybe even RIM. I can see a lot of parents buying this for a kid instead of dropping $200 on a full feature smartphone. Apple would never cater to this audience.

• I joined the dark side on Friday... Now the proud owner of a Droid 2. Hard phone to figure out, coming over after a 10 yr stint on BB.

Steve, I went from a BB that I loved to a Droid Incredible and after a couple of weeks I was hooked. Once you get over looking for your trackball I bet you'll be glad you made the move.

• Not necessarily only Android related (though it will be supported) but thought I would share this:

http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/16/…-mobile-commerce-network/

Been working on this project for a while and now that the NDA is lifted I can discuss. Probably can't go into too many specifics publicly though.

edit: another interesting link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…ceo-nexus-s_n_784064.html

• I got tired of waiting for Samsung and AT&T... so I installed a custom Froyo ROM, the cognition release, last night. While at work. :) I did a full ROM backup of my 2.1 phone setup, but forgot to save my contacts separately and lost all of my contact changes since July, ah well...

I'm liking it so far. :up:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Hey Patti - actually spend a good part of the weekend working on that and I think I am getting the hang of it. Or maybe it's learning to get the hang of me...

:up: I love it and the more you use it the more it will remember how you type. That's the only keyboard I use. It doesn't work on numbers though.

• I got tired of waiting for Samsung and AT&T... so I installed a custom Froyo ROM, the cognition release, last night. While at work. :) I did a full ROM backup of my 2.1 phone setup, but forgot to save my contacts separately and lost all of my contact changes since July, ah well...

I'm liking it so far. :up:

They didn't come back down as soon as you logged into your google account? Odd. Is AT&T/Samsung doing something different? It automagically syncs/backs up my contacts between the phone and gmail.

• Check your preference settings under contacts, it might be set to only display certain groups or something like that. Unless you had sync disabled I'm not sure why it wouldn't be up to the minute.

My calendar, contacts, etc. synchronize within seconds.

The scariest/happiest day was when my new phone had all of my information within 10 seconds....oh....and so did any computer in the world.

I'm cool with it. I'm not that important. :)

Edit: Just noticed your new avatar Geoff. Could you pick anything more polar for an avatar than a girl humping the air transitioned to Deebo wanting to kick some ass?

• I did have mine set to NOT sync with google... caused some issues before with doubling up contacts, so I turned it off.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• droid update this morning to ver 2.1.1. swype stopped working; had to be uninstalled and reinstalled. i haven't noticed any difference otherwise

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!