Mile Marker Hydraulic Winch

• Anyone running a hydraulic winch? Saving up for a winch and I like the concept of a winch running off my power steering pump and not having to upgrade electrical for an electric winch.

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• Only person on here I know of is Tugboat on his XJ.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I like the hydraulic winch. Slower but you can pull all day without letting it cool down.
    A electric winch is rated with a rolling load on a 45 degree angle. and a hydraulic winch is rated with a vertical lift.

• A electric winch is rated with a rolling load on a 45 degree angle. and a hydraulic winch is rated with a vertical lift.

Gotta call BS on that one.

A winch rated with a 8000 lb line pull is rated at just that.

Show me a reference to angle of pull or vertical lift.

• The thing I don't like about the hydraulic winch is the engine has to be running to use it. Yes, an electric will only run a little while off the battery before draining it down but it's something. Hell, being able to pull the non running Jeep up on a friends trailer for a quick tow home made it worth while (been there done that).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That info was on Mile Markers site under Hydraulic vs Electric when I got my winch. It also had to do with the way thay test for Miltery specifations. The 9000 hydrauilic from Mile Marker is the same winch that is installed on the Hummer. (sorry for cursing on a Jeep site)

• That info was on Mile Markers site under Hydraulic vs Electric when I got my winch. It also had to do with the way thay test for Miltery specifations. The 9000 hydrauilic from Mile Marker is the same winch that is installed on the Hummer. (sorry for cursing on a Jeep site)

Ehhhh, I'm not so sure of that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!