Beach open this weekend?

• Does anyone know if the surf fishing beaches are open this weekend, I heard some reports of high surf and a east wind and didnt want to make the drive in the morning if there going to be closed. I tried the cape henlopen phone number a few times and got a machine.

Thanks

• Typically they do not close them. Open year round. High hinds on the beach sux. Sandblasting you and your paint.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Typically they do not close them. Open year round. High hinds on the beach sux. Sandblasting you and your paint.

Actually the dune crossings are closed anytime there are higher than normal tides anticipated. They've been closed for a couple of our beach clean ups.

• [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]Actually the dune crossings are closed anytime there are higher than normal tides anticipated. They've been closed for a couple of our beach clean ups.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]Ya thats what [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]I'm[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]worried[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] about there is a new moon, so higher than normal tides. A off shore storm pushing the wave hight up and then a [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]intercaste[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] 20-25 mph NE wind. [/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]So if anyone local knows, or someone has a better contact # that would be great.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]Thanks[/size][/font]

• Worst case scenario.

Moral: Don't f*ck with Mother Nature.

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

• Worst case scenario.

[youtube]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

...damn

• Well I headed down to see what was going on, couldn't get a defiant answer as to weather the beach was open or not. The gates were open at all the crossings in cape henlopen, but the beach at the point was close to washing over in some spots 2 hours before high tide. Headed down to herring point and there was plenty of beach all the way down to Gordon's pond. There were 3 or 4 other vehicles out there, but not much catching going on. I ended up with one dogfish about 30" long and saw a few others caught. :fishing:

[img width=540 height=720]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs308.snc4/40715_165741576779898_100000321697122_393340_7893573_n.jpg[/img]

• Worst case scenario.

[youtube]

[/youtube]

Uh wow!! That would royally suck. Dude almost died trying to save his stock Jeep! That's what I call devotion.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I'm heading Down to cape henlopen this Saturday with my brother n dad try out Tue news lift and tires on the breach n hopefully catch something good

• I'm heading Down to cape henlopen this Saturday with my brother n dad try out Tue news lift and tires on the breach n hopefully catch something good

Dress warm and have some kind of windbreaker, it gets cold out there. Have fun.

• Yea I'm Sue it will be a little chilly they are saying 62 n sunny so hopefully it will be as long as there's sun we are all good

• [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]Yea I'm Sue it will be a little chilly they are saying 62 n sunny so hopefully it will be as long as there's sun we are all good[/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]You may want to call the office at Henlopen before 4pm [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]tomorrow[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] and make sure there going to have the [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]crossings[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]open[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%], I heard reports the point is taking a beating and herring point is getting allot of [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]wash-over[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] at high tide. Also heard DSSP has white water breaking up to the dunes at high tide. [/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]If they are open be safe and know when high tide is, it could sneak up on you and [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]you'll[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] look like the guy in the video above. :fishing: And good luck [/size][/font]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!