J-Mans cheap xj build

• Well Ive been sick for what seems like forever but I finally received my uppers.
    I did get some work done last weekend but it was mostly just interior, ripped out the junk headliner and fixed up the radio. and yes it still has the cool seat cover :mrgreen:

Hopefully I will get some things fabed up this coming weekend so I can get my axles in

• Well I made my self work on the heep today. Things are coming along as expected. I finally got everything gathered up and put some things together. I ended up doing drop brackets and short arm, I already had 90% of required stuff just laying around anyway. If I get a dozen rides out of it before I go long arm, hey I feel like a winner. :suspicious: Here is where I am, I think it came out to be 81/2" lift. I need to get more done to be sure. If its too much I can always lower it.

I finally got one of my 60s in, that fucking thing is heavy as a motherfucker

• Has anybody used the Ballistic brackets? Im not sure if I locked the spring retainer the right way. As always any info would be appreciated

• Has anybody used the Ballistic brackets? Im not sure if I locked the spring retainer the right way. As always any info would be appreciated

Looks fine to me. I did the Stu Olsen thing THIS. Your's looks way better than my set-up so I wouldn't worry. That spring's not going anywhere. ;)

They you're welds? :innocent:

Also, I know you are the cheapest SOB ever but you should get a good dif cover. Maybe a ruff stuff or something like that.

• If the welds dont hold I can only blame myself :mrgreen:
    Ill get a cover for it after I weld the spiders. I have a lot more plans, just little time. This is turning into a lot of work.

The only bad thing so far is I pushed out the front 3" and it still looks like I will need a shorter driveshaft, :upset:

• I know it has been sometime since I posted anything regarding my build,my wife wanted the lawn mower out of the garage so i had to get it mobile. I got the front end pretty much finished.
    [img height=900 width=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=32210[/img]

The front clip turned out easier than I thought by changing it to the older body style. all I got to do is finish up the lights and the wiring

[img height=900 width=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=32201[/img]

• I know everybody needs a good laugh. It rides like a dream down the road. :mrgreen:
    This is why my neighbors dont like me. Its a jeep thing they wouldnt understand any way. Right?

[img height=900 width=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=32204[/img]

Hopefully i can install the rear lift next weekend, I have everything its just of matter of doing it.

• Post the latest pics slacker. They were bad ass. :driving:

You going to stick with the stock diff cover? You were pretty hard on your last one.

Looks like you could fit some 39.5's no problem. :suspicious:

• One thing I have learned is that I suck at having the camera around. Ive been slapping things together so I can have time to ride the bike. Here we go

I put together some XJ, YJ and some MJ leafs, and with the help of some stock 2" ford blocks I was able to match the front. Whatever that is :mrgreen:

I couldn't flex much with only 4 lugs on each wheel, but I tried a little anyway.

This is my jeep getting ready to take advantage of my wife's. :mrgreen:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!