We've bought another Jeep! :)

• Well it took me just short of 2 years but I have bought another Jeep. This is no Wrangler with a big lift and 35" tires but it will act as a mall crawler for my wife as we move into parenthood. We figured this would be a little easier to move a kid around than her Accord she is driving now. I've been looking for a long time and I ended up finding this one on Craigslist down in MD. It needs some work but I got a good deal on it.

http://gallery.me.com/bfrank81…grid&bgcolor=black&sel=12

• XJs have been getting popular lately! Gotta love a cheap Jeep. :)

Post up if you need any XJ help.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• very nice. just if you dont mind me asking how much did you spend on it?? i have a buddy thats in love with my yj but thinks its cheaper to buy an xj wich im sure it is. but i couldnt give him an accurate price range.

• Welcome back and nice XJ find. It needs a lift and some tires. The gentle sway and tire rumble will put the kid right to sleep on rides. At least that would be my excuse... :innocent:

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

• congratulations on both! ;D

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Congrats to the baby and the Jeep!!! You should plan on the Spring trip to GW - if there is one! We took Sammi camping for the first time couple weeks ago to GW and she slept better there then she does at home!!!

We talked about it but were worried about keeping everyone awake at night! The walls of a tent are thin and a screaming kid would echo in that field. :-[

Welcome back and nice XJ find. It needs a lift and some tires. The gentle sway and tire rumble will put the kid right to sleep on rides. At least that would be my excuse... :innocent:

No lift for this one. I got my fill out of my Wrangler this will be staying stock. Maybe if I can get the boss to come off some $ I can get another wheeler.

very nice. just if you dont mind me asking how much did you spend on it?? i have a buddy thats in love with my yj but thinks its cheaper to buy an xj wich im sure it is. but i couldnt give him an accurate price range.

We ended up dropping $4k on it. I searched for a long time and most of the 2001s that were in this condition were $6k or more. The previous owner was a smoker so I have to deal with getting the inside cleaned. The AC is leaking so I tried this weekend to put in one of those cans that "stops leaks" and a fresh can of refrigerant. It blows cold now but I'm not sure how long that will last. Other than those things it seems to run great. It has 132K miles on it. I've seen some that had 175K on the odo and they still wanted $5k or more.

• No lift for this one. I got my fill out of my Wrangler this will be staying stock. Maybe if I can get the boss to come off some $ I can get another wheeler.

I'm going to start slowing way down when I drive by your house. You'll only be able to resist the temptation for so long.

• The AC leak is probably the evaporator. A common problem with the late models. Costs around $100 in parts but will take a full day to do the job. Took me a weekend because I had trouble figuring a few things out.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I'm going to start slowing way down when I drive by your house. You'll only be able to resist the temptation for so long.

:laughing:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!