Driving on the beach with 24s

• Yeah sounds crazy but I just don't know how it would go haha. I have an escalade on 24s but haven't been on the beach since I sold my jeep and now it's killing me. Wanna get some info on yea or nno way in hell lol. I seen a Tahoe on 22s at cape and he said he did good. I mean my tires are super wide which may help, I just don't have a lot of meat to air down. But will I need to that much cause there so wide? An if I try who's pulling me out tomorrow haha

• The issue with 24's that I would see is that airing them down won't make a big difference in the foot print because usually tires that go on dubs don't have much of a side wall. If your tires are wide then you shouldn't have a problem. My tires are 12" wide and I don't need to air them down at all. My vehicle weight is only 3500 lbs though. I imagine an Escalade would be a bit heavier.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Johns right, airing down on dubs wont help much, but if you turn your Sub Woofer down facing the floor, and pump up the jams to 11. The thumping will level out the sand as your drive allowing for a smooth ride. Also be sure make many gangster signs as you drive warning the rangers not to mess wit ya. I also suggest wearing some funky fresh bling that you can also use as fishing lures. :razz:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Does it have a two speed transfer case? It's probably got plenty of power but it would be nice to have low range if you need it. We take my wife's Navigator out on Assateague all the time, loaded down, with no problem but it has stock wheels and tires and I do air it down because of the weight. The sand on Assateague is often packed down more than up in Delaware. I would make sure you have all of your recovery gear and preferably another capable vehicle along. Good luck, let us know how you make out.

• Johns right, airing down on dubs wont help much, but if you turn your Sub Woofer down facing the floor, and pump up the jams to 11. The thumping will level out the sand as your drive allowing for a smooth ride. Also be sure make many gangster signs as you drive warning the rangers not to mess wit ya. I also suggest wearing some funky fresh bling that you can also use as fishing lures. :razz:

Thats gotta be some of your best work :mrgreen:

:laughing:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!