jk t-case swap ongoing

• i got my t-case. its suposed to be from a rubicon w/rocktrack.i talked to parts at the dealer,he said theres no way of knowing if it has rocktrack just thatit came out of a sport(by the vin that came w/ case)does anyone knowof anything external to identify if it has rocktrack or the gear ratios. dont want to wast my time swaping cases if they're the same,dont want to send back if its what i want :bang:

• i got my t-case. its suposed to be from a rubicon w/rocktrack.i talked to parts at the dealer,he said theres no way of knowing if it has rocktrack just thatit came out of a sport(by the vin that came w/ case)does anyone knowof anything external to identify if it has rocktrack or the gear ratios. dont want to wast my time swaping cases if they're the same,dont want to send back if its what i want :bang:

Should have a tag on it.

NV241OR is the 4:1 Rubi case.

NV241 would be 2.72:1.

• the 241OR came only in the Rubicon... the sports only have the standard 241. So, if the VIN is actually for that tcase, then it's the same one you already have.

Try spinning the input shaft one revolution, and see how far the output yoke spins (should be a full rotation). then shift it manually into 4lo (might be tricky to engage the gears) then spin the input shaft again. See if you can tell exactly how far it spins. Might be easier to spin the input shaft 3 times to see if the output shaft does (a little more than) one turn... then try spinning it 4 times to see how far the output turns then. If the 4 turns does exactly one rotation of the output shaft, it's a Rubicon. If it does roughly one and a half turns, it's the standard tcase.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• thanks for the tip on the (or) after the 241, 2 dealers couldnt figure out how to tell except by the vin. & an unscrupules might sell a reg tcase & give a vin from a rubi he already sold the case from. with the info i got & theinfo you gave me i'm positive this a standard tcase. gona call the dealer about it. thanks for all the input, saved me from wasting time & money

• i called the parts dealer, says the yard the case came from swears it came from a rubicon,but he called a dealer parts dept. & check the vin he was given. he confermed it came from a sport & its not a rocktrack. he appoligised(i no its spelled wrong & i dont care) said he'd make it right.i hope so ,hate to have to drive all the way to florida just to kill someone.that's what i get for using a broker i never used befor just to save a couple o bucks

• i called the parts dealer, says the yard the case came from swears it came from a rubicon,but he called a dealer parts dept. & check the vin he was given. he confermed it came from a sport & its not a rocktrack. he appoligised(i no its spelled wrong & i dont care) said he'd make it right.i hope so ,hate to have to drive all the way to florida just to kill someone.that's what i get for using a broker i never used befor just to save a couple o bucks

Hopefully you know what to look for now.

And don't think for a second that someone who was trading in a Rubi wouldn't swap cases for $$ before trading. It happens.

• i paid $700 inc shiping. he wanted $975 & i chewed him down, the guy i usually use would'nt budge at $900. and i knew there was a differance between manual & auto cases but wase'nt sure of the differences of rubi & nonrubi. thanks again for the input.

• Sorry I missed this. Just check the tag it will say 4:1 right on it. I had the same issue with the first tcase I got, he yard screwed up and sent one out of the x. Don't trust the vin they say it came out of, make the yard check the tag look for the 4:1 on the tag and it will say 241or. Pm me if you need pics of mine, I'll send a pic of the tag.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!