WTB: TJ drop pitman arm

• Yeah we put a 4" lift on my cousins jeep and we have been chasing death wobble too. Everything is new and tight. Were gonna try the drop pitman also. If that don't work I have no idea what will

• Yeah we put a 4" lift on my cousins jeep and we have been chasing death wobble too. Everything is new and tight. Were gonna try the drop pitman also. If that don't work I have no idea what will

Make sure you relocate your track bar or you are opening up a whole new can of worms.

• I have one I'm pretty sure is off a TJ. I'm off of I495 and Rt 13. Same price $25

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• Since you brought it up, if anyone has a recommendation on who has the best drop bracket let me know. Leaning towards the Clayton one as of now.

His works well...I have the rock krawler one (on Jen's now) and it's not bad either, that's what clayton was selling before coming out with his own. Any one of them w/ the proper geometry that puts the end in double shear would work. Issue is that most of these are designed with factory steering geometry in mind, a drop pitman may just create other problems for you w/ bump steer.

How's your alignment? I fought for awhile on my MJ with death wobble even when things were tight and had to play with the camber and toe to dial it out.

--Ian

• His works well...I have the rock krawler one (on Jen's now) and it's not bad either, that's what clayton was selling before coming out with his own. Any one of them w/ the proper geometry that puts the end in double shear would work. Issue is that most of these are designed with factory steering geometry in mind, a drop pitman may just create other problems for you w/ bump steer.

How's your alignment? I fought for awhile on my MJ with death wobble even when things were tight and had to play with the camber and toe to dial it out.

--Ian

I think it's pretty good. Doesn't pull either way on the road even when locking up the brakes. It was just a driveway alignment though. I've come to the conclusion that I should have paid for the lifetime alignment deal at NTB years ago, contemplating doing that now since I'm sure I'll use it later and it won't wasted money (well, any more than I already have).

• His works well...I have the rock krawler one (on Jen's now) and it's not bad either, that's what clayton was selling before coming out with his own. Any one of them w/ the proper geometry that puts the end in double shear would work. Issue is that most of these are designed with factory steering geometry in mind, a drop pitman may just create other problems for you w/ bump steer.

--Ian

I think I have a Ballistic drop bracket on mine... And yes, definitely keep them lined up or the bump steer is gonna be a problem. All I have left is a little torque steer. Thank god the TJ has the baby 4.0 or I would be all over the road. Lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!