New to the site!!

• Hey, my names Marc and I own a stock (for the time being) 2002 Wj 4.0L
    I've been looking for local 4X4 enthusiasts seeing as most my friends are into ricers and fart cans nowadays lol
    My WJ is mostly stock haven't had the time or money to mess with it
    (Broke college kid) but that hasn't stopped me from muddin this sucker up =]
    Can't wait to start going to meetings and meet new jeep friends!!

Oh I forgot to say I'm not new to jeepos, used to own a 97 Tj on 32s but sadly she got wrecked beyond repair last year R.I.P.

• Thanks it is one of my favorites in my collection. I am still getting back into playing and learning but its great fun. ESP makes a nice guitar. I have an LTD SC 200 that I won in a contest. Here is a shot of my Les Paul and the LTD. My really nice guitars are my acoustics though. But I don't want to get too off topic.

What plans do you have for the WJ?

• LOVE the paint job on that Les Paul!! That fret guard makes that paint job pop out!

I'm still nip picking around but I'm lookin at 4' rough country lift
    Tryin get on some 32s again suspension parts for this year WJ are slim pickin. Also few engine mods the 4.0 is a little sluggish in the WJ but damn its reliable!! Of course all of that is a pipe dream right now lol

Ill have pics of my WJ up soon, maybe a few of the TJ before the accident

• Welcome aboard! Sadly, the 4.0 engine just laughs at engine mods, you can't do any simple mods... Have to do a stroker to get any real noticeable gains. But after you get bigger tires, regearing the axles will get you a lot of power back.

What makes the 2002 model unique for lift kits? I really don't know much about the WJs.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• idk about "unique" i just cant seem to find alot of options for the money im whilling to spend searched for lifts and its either the rough country or BDS. Theirs a $700 dollar difference between the two so i either go with the budget lift or the broken wallet lift. plus just recently the electroincs started acting ....odd kinda torn between selling it for another TJ or sticking with my choice lol :o

• yeah, not too many options for the WJs. Usually you get what you pay for, so do some research on what components are missing from the cheaper lift.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• How are the 2012 wranglers? I drive by the dealership on rt 13 all the time. Been tempted to give one a test drive!!

One thing that concerns me is that the gas tank on these GC are very exposed in the rear if and when I do lift this sucker I'm gonna need to find a thick cover to prevent a explosion if God forbid I get rear ended

• Exploding gas tanks are a movie thing. Really.

I like my 2012 Wrangler. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• Those caught fire after the tank leaked. not an instant explosion like the movies :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• idk about "unique" i just cant seem to find alot of options for the money im whilling to spend searched for lifts and its either the rough country or BDS. Theirs a $700 dollar difference between the two so i either go with the budget lift or the broken wallet lift. plus just recently the electroincs started acting ....odd kinda torn between selling it for another TJ or sticking with my choice lol :o

MDiSab,

I am sort of in the same situation with getting a lift done. I'm actually going with the rough country for a few reasons. I called Rough Country, and told them I was leaning towards a 3.25" lift, but I had concerns over reviews that I read about the coil springs sagging. They asked me to forward the reviews and that they would get an engineer to call me. I was skeptical, but they did call. What they told me was this. Originally, the price was about 80 dollars cheaper to manufacturer because they were using an aluminum alloy spring. They originally designed the thing for show only. However, the marketing guys were doing a lot of marketing towards wheeling enthusiasts. So, they actually use a less malliable alloy, comprised of a combination of steel, manganese, chromium, and a little titanium with no aluminum. Further, they told me they do warrant the parts, and that the only stipulation is that the coils can't be used for extreme rock crawling. Simply put, the Engineer, Rich, said they weren't designed for that purpose so they simply won't hold up. So I guess what I'm saying is if you want to go wheeling through the muck and mire, then it could work. If, however, you want to crawl over boulders, you should probably go with the tougher more expensive kits.

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

• MDiSab,

I am sort of in the same situation with getting a lift done. I'm actually going with the rough country for a few reasons. I called Rough Country, and told them I was leaning towards a 3.25" lift, but I had concerns over reviews that I read about the coil springs sagging. They asked me to forward the reviews and that they would get an engineer to call me. I was skeptical, but they did call. What they told me was this. Originally, the price was about 80 dollars cheaper to manufacturer because they were using an aluminum alloy spring. They originally designed the thing for show only. However, the marketing guys were doing a lot of marketing towards wheeling enthusiasts. So, they actually use a less malliable alloy, comprised of a combination of steel, manganese, chromium, and a little titanium with no aluminum. Further, they told me they do warrant the parts, and that the only stipulation is that the coils can't be used for extreme rock crawling. Simply put, the Engineer, Rich, said they weren't designed for that purpose so they simply won't hold up. So I guess what I'm saying is if you want to go wheeling through the muck and mire, then it could work. If, however, you want to crawl over boulders, you should probably go with the tougher more expensive kits.

Thanks man!! That deffinately narrows my choices seeing as I dont really plan on tackling the rubicon anytime soon, right now I'm more of a mud boy. no need for the 1300 dollar BDS lift.......yet =]

• Welcome aboard! Sadly, the 4.0 engine just laughs at engine mods, you can't do any simple mods... Have to do a stroker to get any real noticeable gains. But after you get bigger tires, regearing the axles will get you a lot of power back.

What makes the 2002 model unique for lift kits? I really don't know much about the WJs.

I did do a little reading into gettin my engine stroked, I heard it could be done with factory parts to cut down on costs, does that sound like a good idea or a backfire??

• I am sort of in the same situation with getting a lift done. I'm actually going with the rough country for a few reasons. I called Rough Country, and told them I was leaning towards a 3.25" lift, but I had concerns over reviews that I read about the coil springs sagging. They asked me to forward the reviews and that they would get an engineer to call me. I was skeptical, but they did call. What they told me was this. Originally, the price was about 80 dollars cheaper to manufacturer because they were using an aluminum alloy spring. They originally designed the thing for show only. However, the marketing guys were doing a lot of marketing towards wheeling enthusiasts. So, they actually use a less malliable alloy, comprised of a combination of steel, manganese, chromium, and a little titanium with no aluminum. Further, they told me they do warrant the parts, and that the only stipulation is that the coils can't be used for extreme rock crawling. Simply put, the Engineer, Rich, said they weren't designed for that purpose so they simply won't hold up. So I guess what I'm saying is if you want to go wheeling through the muck and mire, then it could work. If, however, you want to crawl over boulders, you should probably go with the tougher more expensive kits.

I think a sales guy called you.

I'm not a metallurgist, but I've never heard of an "aluminum alloy spring".

I don't think you can combine the 2 (steel and aluminum) because they are so different.

And I'm pretty sure RC never sold aluminum springs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!