2005 Wrangler Plan of Attack

• Looking for feedback on this plan of attack on my TJ. Currently running 33" KM2, wanting to eventually go to 35's.
    4.0, 6 speed, D44/30 with 4.10's
    PO installed
    1. R/C 2.2 lift and shocks
    2. Steering stabilizer
    3. Generic Disco's
    4. TC Drop.
    Here is my plan of attack
    1. MML & BL
    2. SYE and TT
    2a.Rear control arms
    3. Bushwacker flat flares
    4. 4.56 & locker(s?)
    5. Finally the 35's.
    Any suggestions on sequence and equipment?
    This will still be my DD, but my commute right now is 10 miles.

• Are you planning on doing trail rides with it? If so, give a look at the Xenon flares over the Bushwackers. They aren't quite as pretty but they are more durable.

As far as lockers, I'm thinking selectable but that depends on how you'll use your Jeep. You may not even need them.

• Will look at the Xenon. I prefer the flat look. We will be doing trail rides
    And when we start b talking lockers, theres a lot of choices!
    And I'm assuming the PO put the 4.10 in. Diff tag says 3.73, but rpm calc comes out to 4.10.

• And I'm assuming the PO put the 4.10 in. Diff tag says 3.73, but rpm calc comes out to 4.10.

It would be fairly cost wasteful for someone to go from 3.73 to 4.10.

I would pull the cover and look for the numbers on the gears to be sure.

Something like this:

• Will look at the Xenon. I prefer the flat look. We will be doing trail rides
    And when we start b talking lockers, theres a lot of choices!
    And I'm assuming the PO put the 4.10 in. Diff tag says 3.73, but rpm calc comes out to 4.10.

Xenon makes [url=http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?kw=12501.610,12501.611,12510.600,12510.610,12511.611,12511.616&cn=Xenon+Flat+Fender+Style+Flares&c=36]Flat Fender Flares[/url] as well. They are more flexible so they are better for off road use. I love mine. Bushwacker are better looking though IMO so I'd buy them if you don't think you'll ever hit them.

How do you use a rpm calc to get your ratio?

Best bet is to do what Keith said or count the ring and pinion and divide the tooth count to get the ratio. Both rings should have 41 teeth...the 3.73 pinion should have 11 teeth...4.10 should have 10.

• You will also need a CV rear drive shaft and adjustable control arms.

RC 2.2 are shocks. How much lift do you have?

• Keith, looking at the R/C website, it looks like I have the 3.25 lift.
    My thoughts were to go with a Tom Woods SYE/Driveshaft. However, I am open to other suggestions.
    My time frame is to start to assemble the parts, and then when the fall comes around, start the project.
    Being new to the Jeep world, I really don't want to re-invent the wheel, and I want to take advantage of the vast knowledge out here.
    Thanks for the advice!

• yeah, there are a lot of good driveshaft companies out there. Tom Woods just has the best marketing history. :) CJ Tatton is good, too.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Xenon makes [url=http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?kw=12501.610,12501.611,12510.600,12510.610,12511.611,12511.616&cn=Xenon+Flat+Fender+Style+Flares&c=36]Flat Fender Flares[/url] as well. They are more flexible so they are better for off road use. I love mine. Bushwacker are better looking though IMO so I'd buy them if you don't think you'll ever hit them.

How do you use a rpm calc to get your ratio?

Best bet is to do what Keith said or count the ring and pinion and divide the tooth count to get the ratio. Both rings should have 41 teeth...the 3.73 pinion should have 11 teeth...4.10 should have 10.

x2... I have the Xenons and I love them. I had to modify them a little to get the side marker lights to function but that took all of an hour. I'm in the Newark area if you'd like to check them out before buying them.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• why not put a piece of tape on the rear driveshaft and mark the tire. push the jeep along the driveway one tire rotation's worth and count how many times the driveshaft rotates. there's your gear ratio.

I would suggest having a helper.

Might be tough to push the Jeep and watch the drive shaft. :innocent:

• I've got that covered, I'll borrow a mirror, put it in neutral, then let it roll down the driveway.
    Actually it really doesn't matter, becasue I'll be regearing anyway!
    But now I'm considering taking the R/C lift out and putting in a Currie S/A. :doh:
    But still doing the TT, BL & ML!

• I've looked at UCF, and others, but haven't decided yet. I do like the aluminum one from UCF. But if a member has one for sale .... ;)

Most don't go back once they cross that bridge, so doubt you will find a used one.

I'm in the process of installing the UCF aluminum ultra-high clearance.

It's pretty nice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!